|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits|
|Sector: Human Factors||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 25 days ago|
Senior / Principal Human Factors Consultant.
£55,000 - £65,000 + Benefits Package.
We are currently recruiting for experienced Human Factors Consultants with experience in the Oil and Gas sector, our client would also consider people with experience gained in the Nuclear or Rail industries.
You will be capable of maintaining and further developing existing relationships with both internal and external clients in order to help grow this exciting and expanding element of the Human Factors offering.
To succeed at this, you'll be adaptable, flexible and be used to coming up with solutions quickly and effectively.
You'll enjoy interpreting data and communicating this succinctly to others, at a variety of different levels as well as to a variety of end clients.
You'll also be committed to the development of a growing team and enjoy helping with the development and mentoring of more junior co-workers.
As a senior member of the Human Factors team, based in the Bristol office, you will have direct responsibility for developing and maintaining client relationships with the major operators and engineering companies that are core to the business. You will also contribute to the strategy and direction of an established and dynamic team of Human Factors specialists.
Assignments will include leading client Ergonomics work packages, managing technical delivery to project programmes as well as contributing to bids and work winning initiatives. As a member of a client focused team you will work on a wide variety of projects across a range of sectors of industry.
You'll be keen to make a positive contribution to the development plans of the Human Factors team.
You will enjoy using entrepreneurial thinking and excellent communication skills to liaise with other groups and departments to provide fully integrated solutions to your client.
You will enjoy mentoring and developing junior staff, be reliable and consistent, and take responsibility for work carried out.
You will be comfortable with and enjoy spending time on client sites and will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree Education or proven experience in Human Factors or Applied Psychology
- Experience of delivering Human Factors work packages within high hazard industries such as Oil & Gas, Nuclear or Rail
- Substantial experience in the use of Human Factors methods and techniques
- Experience of managing and planning Human Factors delivery to projects (HF Integration)
- Knowledge in the application of Human Factors standards and guidelines
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Post graduate degree in Human Factors or Applied Psychology or related field
- Experience of working within other "Regulated" industries
- Knowledge of Human Factors Assessment techniques in relation to international standards and familiarity with latest UK regulatory developments relevant to major hazard industries.
- CAD / visualisation skills* Record for public speaking and publishing papers
- Membership/Fellowship of a recognised professional Society
* Project Management skills
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.