|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum|
|Sector: Life Sciences, Human Factors||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Principal Human Factors Engineer
Market Leading Salary.
Human Factors Opportunity working from R&D phase right through to Manufacturing - interesting Health Care products for a major global organisation with huge career growth potential.
Health Care background not essential, we need somebody that has a solid Human Factors background which could be from Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Defence, Automotive or Rail and has worked around / with Design Teams.
Excellent Salary on offer and the chance to champion Human Factors from the very earliest stages of projects.
Role and Duties:
- Defines and implements effective and efficient processes and tools for developing usable and satisfying product experience
- Manages and actively participates in the creation of all experience designs to meet project schedules with highest quality and within budget.
- Serves as independent reviewer of usability activities and artefacts to ensure design solutions meet customer expectations for use.
- Conducts rapid iterative usability testing of wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes.
- Plans & conducts research activities for gathering user requirements
- Translates research findings into design recommendations and specifications
- Performs validation usability testing to determine whether features and products have met business and usability objectives.
- In preparing research proposals, clarifies research goals based on input from product development teams and design teams.
- Develops innovative strategies to answer research questions with limited resources.
- Designs research protocols and prepare research plans.
- Plans user research activities such as participant recruiting and scheduling, materials production, lab preparation, and other logistics.
- Creates research materials as necessary
- Develops experience requirements specifications.
- Develops mock-up / prototype interaction designs, including user interaction models, information architecture, wire frames and screen flows.
- Work with designers to conduct customer studies of mock-ups, prototypes and experience; and iterate designs based on usability test results.
Basic Qualifications/ Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree is a plus) in Human Factors, Ergonomics, Psychology or related disciplines such as Industrial Design, Experience Design, Interaction Design.
- Previous relevant experience of product design and/or New Product Development
- Strong hands-on design development experience as well as a cross functional leadership experience
- Use of user-centred design methodologies and exposure to Human Factors research techniques
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- An intuitive understanding of mechanical engineering - the ability to devise clever mechanical solutions for complex problems
- A creative and considered approach to problem solving, adhering to clear design processes.
- An understanding of practical and methodical design development through prototyping and testing
- 25 days annual leave
- Free on-site parking
- On-site subsidised canteen
- Wellbeing events
- Employee assistance program
- 3 x Basic salary life assurance
- Long service award
- Pension scheme
We also have access to the following:
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Computer Purchase Scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Cash Plan
- Various Discounts (online and high street)