|Location: Weymouth||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Principle IT Support Software Engineer
About the company:
A Principal IT Software Engineer is needed for a leading Electronics Engineering company who specialise within the aerospace and defence industry in Weymouth, who are looking to employ an experienced Principal IT Software Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Linux and proven experience of undertaking Systems Administration previously.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal IT Software Engineer will include:
- Supporting the software development teams for configuration, customization and administration of the operating systems (Linux / Windows) and virtulization environment of the development test and target platforms in use for delivering large sonar solutions
- Undertake all administration activities for the development, test and target environments of large sonar projects covering:
- Operation Systems administration (Linux / Windows)
- Virtualisation platform configuration (hypervisor, Virtual Machine)
- Networking aspects (switches, drivers, CP or UPD IP)
- PC-Over-IP configuration
- Contribute to the definition of the system network and topology configuration in support of the software architect.
- When required on projects, design, code and unit test software in accordance with the company's procedure and project specific requirements.
- Estimate the hours and duration required for own tasks.
- Support planning input to project schedules and deliver own work commensurate with those plans.
- Contribute information to project reports.
- Share Linux/Virtualisation/Networking expertise with the rest of the development team.
Skills / Qualifications:
What you need to be the successful Principal IT Software Engineer :
In order to be the successful Principal IT Software Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in software, computer science or software related discipline
- Certified Linux (RHEL) administrator with at least 3 years' experience
- Certified Windows Administrator with at least 3 years' experience
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in the following areas:
- Virtualisation platforms using hypervisors/VMs in a multi-OS configuration (Linux/Windows)
- Fine customisation of VMs in a complex networking environment
- PC-Over-IP in virtualised environment
- Network and switch configuration/administration
- Experience with Packer and Vagrant.
- An understanding of software design methodologies (UML) and programming languages (C++ or Java)
- Self-starter and able to learn on the fly
- The successful candidate must be capable of achieving security (SC) clearance as a minimum
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Principal IT Software Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested and hold the right experience and skills, please apply and get in contact with Megan.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.