|Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Magnetics Engineer needed for a multinational Electronics organisation based in Milton Keynes who are looking to employ an experienced Magnetics Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of directing and performing project work relating to the design and development of magnetic products.
The successful Magnetics Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Competitive salary
* 23 day's holiday
* Staff bonus Scheme
* Pension Scheme
* Life insurance
* Income Protection Cover
* And many more!!!!!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Magnetics Engineer will include:
* Initiate and lead R&D projects as requested by your section manager to advance core technologies relating to magnetics and power modules. Focusing on commercialisation of the technology to expand our business.
* Develop, design and test new magnetic products to expand existing product portfolio and drive forwards our product roadmap. Working closely with Business Development to exceed the expectations of the customer.
* Assist Business Development to set product roadmap for magnetic devices.
* Work closely with your section manager to develop our client's technology roadmaps for magnetic products and power modules.
* Provide guidance to the Magnetics team in China.
* Assist with advanced magnetic designs for the power modules.
* Work closely with our Production Engineering and Test Engineering teams to ensure that products are suitable for mass production.
* Maintain project plans and report on the progress of project work as requested by the section manager.
* Create and maintain product documentation, BOMs, drawings, etc.
* Adhere to the company's quality standards at all times, ensuring that the necessary documentation is produced for product development.
* Work effectively in a team-based environment.
* Provide technical support to customers as necessary.
* Actively improve the company's technical capabilities and systems.
* Take on other work as necessary to support the company's activities.
What you need to be the successful Magnetics Engineer:
In order to be the successful Magnetics Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Recognised qualification equivalent to a UK Degree in Physics, Electronics or a related discipline.
* Several years' experience in advanced magnetics design, preferably power inductors and transformers.
* Familiarity with advanced materials and processes applicable to power magnetics.
* Knowledge of existing and emerging application for magnetic devices.
* An ability to propose new products and select the best fit technologies.
* Direct experience of design and production of electrical components for volume manufacturing, taking into account product costs to meet the specification.
* Experience of simulation software used in magnetics design.
* Hands on experience of laboratory based functions such as product testing and soldering.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to form logical solutions to problems.
* Possesses an aptitude to lead projects, delivering products in defined timescales and budget.
* A skilled communicator, working with multiple departments at sites across the globe.
* IT literate including familiarity with MS office software.
* Willing to travel as required.
* Knowledge of modern power conversion design techniques applicable to DC-DC and AC-DC converters up to approximately 100W. (desirable)
* A basic understanding of patent law. (desirable)
* Experience of FMEA assessments. (desirable)
* Familiar with UL60950 and UL60601 safety standards for safety isolation. (desirable)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Magnetics Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!