|Location: Southampton, Hampshire||Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Principal Optical Engineer
Principal Optical Engineer needed for an international high-tech organisation based in Southampton who are looking to employ an experienced Principal Optical Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Optical Engineering and product design and development.
The successful Principal Optical Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
* 25 day's holidays
* Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Flexible working hours
* Opportunities to travel and work abroad
* Fantastic working culture
* Life Insurance
The role of the Principal Optical Engineer:
* Take ownership of new laser product development activities from concept to transfer to production; work with other Engineers (optical, mechanical, electronics and our customers) to define and agree on requirements, develop designs and innovative technical solutions.
* Work with and motivate small project teams to enable them to optimise their effectiveness.
* Communication is key: prepare and deliver presentations, reports and the requisite quality documentation that describe progress, technical performance and procedures on projects and assignments.
* Support both the requirements for new business development by writing new R&D proposals and the Sales teams with customer enquiries. Work with the Quality, Purchasing and Manufacturing teams to oversee successful transfer of processes to Production.
* Design and run experiments, feasibility studies and assembly and testing of prototypes, identifying problems and applying new and innovative solutions.
* There will be some occasional travel to other company offices within Europe.
What you need to be the successful Principal Optical Engineer:
* Proven, relevant experience of inspirational product design, development and delivery to production within the fiber laser industry. Specialist practical knowledge of high power (kW) laser technology is especially useful.
* A relevant qualification in Physics, Natural Sciences or similar is required, preferably gained within a photonics research environment.
* Comfortable heading-up small project teams; able to motivate people to derive collective and personal success.
* Well-developed analytical abilities; able to question complex information, identify root-cause and effects and deliver inspiring solutions whilst displaying an en repreneurial spirit.
* Passionate about what you do and for delivering an outstanding level of customer service both internal and externally.
* Exceptional time-management abilities, a deadline-oriented approach and strong decision-making skills.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Optical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!