|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: £40000 - £55000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: William Church||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Principal Performance & Dynamics Engineer
Principal Performance & Dynamics Engineer needed for a multinational high-technology group that operate in the defence, space and aircraft industries. The position would be based in Gloucester, our client is looking to employ an experienced Engineer who possesses in-depth knowledge of Landing Gear Systems, Model Correlation and Validation, Airworthiness Requirements, as well as, Dynamic Analysis and Computational Modelling.
The successful Principal Performance & Dynamics Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary and performance-based progression
- 25 day's holiday
- Flexible working
- Pension Plan
- Car scheme
- Life assurance
- And many more
Some of the main duties and responsibilities of the Principal Performance & Dynamics Engineer will include:
- Build computational models and run simulations.
- Calculate static and dynamic loads.
- Conduction performance and frequency response analyses.
- Conduct stability, shimmy, modal analysis and failure case analyses.
- Correlate and validate computational models.
- Write and validate performance and dynamics requirements.
- Define and document simulation cases and pass/fail criteria.
- Optimise design solutions in conjunction with other engineering disciplines.
- Define test requirements and analyse and interpret test results.
- Adherence to the programme schedules.
To be the successful candidate for this Principal Performance & Dynamics Engineer role, you will ideally have the following:
- Minimum degree level education (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of Landing Gear Systems.
- Experience of dynamic analysis and computational modelling and simulation.
- Experience of model correlation and validation.
- Knowledge of airworthiness requirements and certification.
- Basic knowledge of systems and electrical engineering.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB/Simulink, MSC ADAMS, MSC EASY5 and AMESim.
- Sufficient experience to write requirements within and use DOORS.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!