|Location: Corsham, Wiltshire||Salary: £60000 - £75000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Senior / Principal Safety Engineer
£60,000 - £75,000 + Benefits
SC Cleared (or eligible for clearance).
The successful candidate will have both depth and breadth of experience in the Air Defence industry in a safety engineering related role. In addition, you will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be a cooperative team player.
You will report directly to the Defence Business Leader and support other business functions as required as
part of the role e.g. Operations, Technical, HR etc.
Plan, implement and deliver safety engineering and management activities within Defence Air programmes
* Legislation, Regulation and Standards Compliance in accordance with MOD Defence Air regulations
* Evidence-based safety risk management - hazard identification, analysis and control
* Develop strategies to ensure safety and reliability as well as identify hazards and assess safety risks.
* Define and analyse safety and reliability requirements and carry out design safety and reliability analysis
* Development and assurance of Safety Arguments for air platforms and equipment
* To keep up to date with current best practice in risk assessment and risk management
* Represent Ebeni at conferences, exhibitions and trade shows
* To provide support as required in new business development activities, including contribution to proposals,
identification of potential business opportunities
* To liaise with the client and other external parties as necessary
The Defence Air industry in a safety-related role
Preparation of Safety Cases
Experience of producing: System Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Event Tree Analysis (ETA), Common Cause Failure
Analysis, Functional Failure Analysis (FFA), Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Interface
Hazard Analysis (IHA), System Hazard Logs, System Hazard Analysis Reports
Familiarity with ALARP principles and ALARP arguments
Formal presentations to group audiences such as clients or review panels
Knowledge of the design and implementation of safety management systems
Detailed knowledge of MRP, Def Stan 00-970, Def Stan 00-055, Def Stan00-056, STANAG 4671, POEMS and