|Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 27 days ago|
Job Title: Principal Software Engineer
Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
Term: Initial 6 Months
Key Skills: Software Engineer, Development, Lifecycle, Planning, Requirements, Design, Code, Test, Customer, Defence, Military, Aerospace, Linux, C++, IP Networking, USB, Microcontroller, Embedded
An experienced Principal Software Engineer is required to play a key role in enhancing the software capabilities within the engineering department. Working within a multi-disciplinary project team you will be tasked with developing, delivering and documenting software across the entire lifecycle, from planning and requirements to final product approval.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as a Principal Software Engineer?
- Design and implement software for a number of different platforms: Design, develop, code, test and debug software to required standards
- Liaison with customers both internal and external
- Provide post production support and maintenance as and when required
What are we looking for in our next Principal Software Engineer?
- Have a proven track record of application software design & development throughout the entire lifecycle in C++ or Linux platforms
- Have experience of Linux toolchain and building of custom kernel/roots from source
- Have a working knowledge of Linux Configuration including IP networking?
- Ability to generate software requirements-based ion user and systems requirements
- Experience of creating appropriate software test strategies
- Have a working knowledge of USB
- Embedded Software development using embedded C for 8, 16- or 32-bit microcontrollers
- Experience within the Military/Aerospace software design lifecycles
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Principal Software Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.