|Location: Kent, England||Salary: £55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Construction, Highways & Highways Electricals, Engineering, Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Olly Nixon||Job Published: 24 days ago|
Principal Structural Engineer
Principal Structural Engineer needed for a leading infrastructure organisation based in Kent who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Principal Structural Engineer that takes pride in their work. As our Principal Structural Engineer, you will lead the development and delivery of excellent design services throughout all stages of project development. You will liaise with clients, contractors and third parties. Interfacing with other disciplines such as Term, Civils, Structures, Rail and Highways is also an integral part of the role.
The successful candidate would desirably be a charted or near charted member of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE) with a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Salary: £54,000 - £60,000 per annum
- Opportunity to study for formal qualifications
- Career & professional development.
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Structural Engineer will include:
- Developing and managing a team to deliver consultancy structural engineering services through a range of technical disciplines for varied projects and clients.
- Having a thorough understanding of the DMRB, EN Eurocodes and national guidance to ensure all designs and deviations meet best practice, appropriate, regulations and company policies.
- Assessing and design-out hazards where possible within the design process and propose effective control measures for the reduction and elimination of risk.
- Keeping up to date with technical and legislative developments and seek opportunities to develop professional profile such as giving presentations to relevant conferences/meetings/professional bodies and participation in technical committees for trade organisations and standards
- Conducting site surveys, collect and assess site information, liaise with clients, and site teams, as well as represent the Company at design and site meetings.
- Contributing to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost-effective strategies and design solutions.
- Financially manage and control of projects from estimation to completion
What experience you need to be the successful Principal Structural Engineer:
- Chartered or near charted engineer
- Significant experience of structural and highway engineering
- CSCS card
- Urban design experience within a consultancy environment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Structural Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.