|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Principal Systems Engineer
6-month initial contract
Principal Systems Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Hampshire who are looking to employ an experienced Principal Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Maritime Engineering at a Principal/Managerial level, knowledge and experience of delivery across the full engineering lifecycle and against all lines of development, and the Maritime/Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Systems Engineer will include:
- Day-to-day leadership and management of engineering and technical teams to deliver integrated engineering outputs that meet the Customer's requirements;
- Ensuring that Systems Engineering gains and retains a 'world class' standard through continuous improvement;
- Collaboration with Resource Management as required to assign relevant technical work tasks to suitably qualified and experienced personnel;
- Working as a key member of the engineering team to deliver high quality technical outputs to contracted time, cost and quality;
- Ensuring consistency of technical processes, methods and tools for the delivery stream ensuring a coherent integration of engineering activity to meet customer requirements;
- Assuring the quality of engineering integrated outputs (work of all employees, contractors, and military SMEs) in accordance with authorised Technical Delivery Plans;
- Ensuring safe systems of working are identified and implemented;
- Co-ordinating bids and estimates; generating technical solutions with an associated work breakdown structure to support project cost plans and bids;
- Ensuring the production of appropriate Technical Delivery Plans and adherence throughout the engineering project lifecycle;
- Ensuring the production of appropriate Technical Assurance plans and ensuring adherence throughout the project lifecycle.
- Identifying project technical risks and mitigations working with the Project Manager with their management and control;
- Compliance with Operating Framework business processes and engineering governance.
Scope and Impact:
- Mentoring of other engineering staff and activities as required;
- Promoting consistent use of all Systems Engineering processes, methods and tools;
- Supporting development and retention of a 'world class' capability to develop and create technical solutions across a range of outputs including independent technical advice;
- Supervision and delivery of integrated engineering output that meets business objectives.
Key decision-making areas of the position:
- Selection of technical solutions
- Leadership and management of technical programmes of work;
- Assurance of the integrated technical output from the delivery team, including compliance with regulation;
- Co-ordination of highly technical teams including engineers, scientists and other disciplines.
Successful outcomes of this Role:
- System engineering capability meets business need;
- Integrated technical solutions delivery meets business need;
- Governance is robust and sound;
- Integration of supporting disciplines.
- Adapting to evolving processes and news ways of working;
- Ensuring Systems Engineering technical governance is appropriate;
- Creation and delivery of innovative and agile integrated solutions.
What you need to be the successful Principal Systems Engineer
In order to be the successful Principal Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
Essential Education, Qualifications and Training:
- Recognized engineering qualification to at least HND standard.
- Evidence of further learning and relevant training.
- Professional Registration with an Engineering Institution.
- Must have obtained Security Clearance up to SC level.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- A strong working knowledge of general Systems Engineering principles;
- Excellent people management and communication skills;
- Significant technical experience in diverse delivery projects;
- Ability to generate technical solutions from a 'blank sheet of paper';
- Ability to make sound judgements on integrated engineering solutions;
- Sound knowledge of engineering governance including certification and regulation;
- Knowledge and experience of delivery across the full engineering lifecycle and against all lines of development;
- Proven experience of leading multidisciplinary projects including software elements.
Essential Personal Qualities and Behavioral Requirements:
- Recognized as a leader;
- Good team player with good customer facing presence;
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders at all levels;
- Proven ability to work well under pressure;
- Able to stand behind judgement.
- Engineering degree;
- Experience of engineering in underwater and/or littoral environments;
- Experience of radar, sonar or communication systems development;
- Chartered Engineer.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Principal Systems Engineer must have obtained Security Clearance up to SC level.