|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: £380 - £430 per day|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
Principal Systems Engineer required for one of world's leading and most successful defence companies, based in Greenford. My client is looking for someone who has a wealth of experience of completing large and complex design tasks, using their diverse engineering knowledge to troubleshoot difficult problems.
This is a fantastic 6 month contract opportunity for an established and professional Systems Engineer, paying a highly competitive daily rate of £380-£430.
The successful candidate will have experience of requirement management tools, including Rational DOORS with DXL, IBM Requisite Pro or similar tools as an admin level user.
My client are one of the leading companies within the UK defence industry, a market leader within secure communications and information assurance, and are looking for the highest calibre, and most skilled engineers to join their growing team. Candidates for this opportunity must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
Key Responsibilies for the Principal Systems Engineer position:
- Responsible for technical aspects of large and complex design tasks; these may be multi-disciplinary. Actively resolves mutually exclusive requirements.
- Applies diverse engineering knowledge to quickly trouble-shoot difficult problems.
- Contribute to design reviews, presentation skills to explain complex system engineering concepts in simple terms to Senior Management and Customers.
- Has significant interaction with external bodies.
- Identifies and drives for most cost-effective engineering solutions including determining whether emphasis should be on firmware, hardware, software or RF.
- Provides specialist knowledge and support to the wider engineering team, ensuring that this knowledge is used to good effect.
- Recognised as a domain expert inside the company. Uses domain expertise to achieve specific project-oriented goals.
Knowledge and experience required for this role:
- Extensive use of requirements management tools, Rational DOORS with DXL, IBM Requisite Pro or similar tools as an admin level user.
- Specialist compliance knowledge in a number of areas such as: Product compliance, Cryptographic certification, Safety, Environmental, EMC and TEMPEST.
- Skill in creating an overall systems architecture for a product based upon the URD, and SRD having extensive experience in systems engineering and a specialised discipline (e.g. Signal Processing).
- Ability to create Production and Customer Test Specifications to define and guide the production test and acceptance process.
- Extensive experience and ability in conducting high level systems design (UML/SysML) from system requirements and Usecases down to Activity diagrams.
- Extensive experience and ability to conduct low level systems design from Usecases & Activity diagrams to Sequence diagrams and state machines.
- Proficient in modelling and characterising systems behavior in order to define HW, SW or FW solutions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an established Systems Engineer to work for a globally recognised defence company, for a highly competitive daily rate of £380-£430. All applicants for this position must be eligible for SC level Security Clearance.
To be considered for this position, please press 'apply now'.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.