|Location: West London, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Alex Spraggett||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Principal Through Life Engineer
Principal Through Life Engineer needed for a leading Defence and Maritime company based in Middlesex. They are looking to employ an experienced Principal Through Life Engineer who can demonstrate the ability to plan and execute support tasks on complex projects, someone who can work under tight time constraints, in challenging contexts and someone who has significant experience as a senior engineer within the In-Service phase of the lifecycle.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principal Through Life Engineer will include:
- Providing a proactive response to emerging technical issues, including customer fault reports and technical queries
- Coordinating the project engineering team to develop a solution that is technically and commercially acceptable
- Enacting programmes of inspection and preventative maintenance
- Ensuring that customer equipment remains safe and suitable for continued service
- Seeking opportunities to improve the in-service delivery performance of our Torpedo Defence Systems
- Coordinating and cooperating with the field support team to conduct ship surveys and commission equipment
- Implementing change requests to documentation
- Highlighting resource conflict or constraints to engineering management
- Producing estimates for new engineering work (e.g. redesign) and planning the work.
What you need to be the successful Principal Through Life Engineer:
In order to be the successful Principal Through Life Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- A relevant Bachelor's or higher degree, or equal professional experience.
- Significant experience as a senior engineer within the In-Service phase of the lifecycle
- Provided leadership, and worked 'hands on,' during integration, testing and system commissioning
- Demonstrated the ability to plan and execute support tasks on complex projects
- Shown the ability to work under tight time constraints, in challenging contexts
- A background working with maritime equipment. An understanding of underwater warfare systems would be a bonus.
- Demonstrable experience in communicating complicated topics clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical audiences
- A detail-oriented problem solver, with a passion for supporting the customer, you will:
- Thrive under pressure and drive performance to meet tight deadlines
- Possess excellent organisational and management skills
- Be able to define problem spaces, gather data to establish the facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of your work
- Cooperate well with others to achieve outstanding outcomes
- Seek and give constructive feedback, and reflect on performance, to nurture potential within the team
- Have a full driving license. This role is office-based with regular travel to customer sites (primarily Portsmouth).
- Be eligible for security clearance to at least Security Check (SC) level with no caveats. This role is only open to UK sole nationals due to the security restrictions of the projects involved.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal Through Life Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Principal Through Life Engineer you must be eligible for Security Clearance.