|Location: Birmingham, West Midlands||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Max Noddings||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Senior or Principal Town Planner
Operating out of the Birmingham City Centre office, currently seeking to hire a Senior or Principal Planner to capitalise on the continued growth of the planning business.
You will undertake town planning instructions including strategic site promotion and immediate planning applications.
With deep expertise within planning at a senior level, you will have the responsibility and autonomy to deliver exciting projects to support the development of all forms of property and infrastructure.
To assist you in successfully fulfilling your role, you will be given the tools you need to succeed, and you will benefit from the support of our other local specialists in environmental impact assessment, ecology, heritage, transport, contaminated land Cost Consultancy and Project Management.
* Undertake town planning instructions including strategic site promotion and immediate planning applications
Coordinate small/medium & large projects including:
* Overseeing the production of deliverables in line with the client's expectations
* Ensuring delivery is on time
* Ensure good profitability including financial control and billing
* Maintain strong working relationships with existing clients
* Develop internal relationships with multi-disciplinary colleagues
* Prepare fee proposals and provide input into tender submissions
* Assist Planning Directors where applicable on project management of multi-disciplinary teams.
Skills, experience & Knowledge required:
* An RTPI accredited Honours Degree and/or Diploma or master's Qualification
* A full member of the Royal Town Planning Institute/RICS
* Private sector experience
* Excellent knowledge of a technical discipline including the current methods, legislation, techniques and guidance
* Significant experience of delivering planning advice to a range of clients
* Report writing the ability to develop and express an argument clearly and concisely
What's on offer:
Flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself.
Support their people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Their network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.