|Location: Birmingham, West Midlands||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Construction, Engineering, Planning and Project Controls, Planning, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Job Title - Senior or Principal Town Planner
Location - Birmingham
Term - Permanent
Our high-profile client, based in Birmingham are looking for someone to help grow the planning business. You will take up town planning instructions including strategic site promotion and immediate planning applications.
You will have the responsibility and autonomy to deliver exciting projects to support the development of all forms of property and infrastructure.
You will be supported by the client's specialists in environmental impact assessment, transport, ecology, heritage, contaminated land cost consultancy and project management. They will assist you in successfully fulfilling your role within town planning.
* To take on the town planning instructions from strategic site promotion to immediate planning applications
Coordinate projects including:
* Supervising the production of deliverables in line with the client's expectations
* Ensuring delivery is on time and within budget.
* Ensure good profitability including financial control and billing
* Keeping a strong relationship with existing clients
* Prepare fee proposals and provide input into tender submissions
* Working closely with the planning Directors when needed, on the project management of multi-disciplinary teams.
Skills, experience & Knowledge required:
* Significant experience of delivering planning advice to a range of clients
* A Royal Town planning accredited Honours Degree and/or Diploma or master's Qualification
* A full member of the Royal Town Planning Institute/RICS
* Wide knowledge of a technical discipline including the current methods, legislation, techniques and guidance
* Report writing the ability to develop and express an argument clearly and concisely
* Private sector experience
Our client offers a variety of benefits including:
* 24 days holiday + bank holidays (with the option to purchase 5 extra days)
* Company pension scheme
* Share Incentive scheme
* Life assurance
* Professional Memberships