|Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Engineering, Utilities & Infrastructure, Rail & Infrastructure||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ashleigh Hicks|
Principal Drainage Engineer
Competitive salary plus benefits including car allowance
We are currently looking for an experienced drainage engineer to join a leading consultancy in their offices based in Manchester. This is a key role with the responsibility to ensure the delivery and design of drainage strategies and projects.
Our client offers great exposure to a wide variety of clients on various different projects and offers the opportunity to play a lead role in developing your team.
They would be looking for their drainage engineer to contribute to the growth of the business by developing and keeping great relationships with clients as well as a background working within consultancy or water industry. They will also provide you with a flexible, friendly and exciting environment to develop and challenge yourself.
Key Responsibilities as a Principle Drainage Engineer:
- Managing and completing drainage strategies and projects from conceptual stage to detailed design stage
- Consulting with Local Planning Authorities (LPA), Lead Local Flood Authorities (LLFA) and other Stakeholders including Water Companies and Regulators
- Supporting your team in completing Flood Risk Assessments and ES Chapters
- Supporting in the bid preparation and fee proposals
- Research and business development of potential new clients
- Attending client and regulatory meetings
- Keep up to date with drainage design trends, customer awareness and design techniques
- Contribute to the development and mentoring of junior staff and the continual improvement of the Drainage team design and modelling capability
Experience required to be a Principle Drainage Engineer:
- Proficient in the use of drainage software including AutoCAD, Autodesk Civil 3D and MicroDrainage
- Member of professional body showing demonstrable progress towards achieving chartered status
- A proven track record of project management and both client and regulatory body liaison
- Excellent client management & report writing skills
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.