|Location: South London, London||Salary: Up to £60000 per annum|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Principle Engineer - Security and Public Realm
Employment type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary from 60000.00 to 60000.00
Our client is searching for a Principle Engineer to join their Consultancy Services team. Based at their modern offices in London which are a 5-minute walk from Victoria Station.
The Principle Engineer Role
- As our Engineer, you will help the development and delivery of excellent design services using integrity, innovation and ingenuity in a professional consultancy and contracting environment.
- Understanding the complex and conflicting use of space within the urban environment is fundamental to the delivery of public realm improvement schemes throughout all stages of project development and in all areas of highways and urban design.
- You are responsible in providing public realm vision coupled with technical direction to other design engineers and/or technicians.
- You will liaise with clients, contractors and third parties.
- Interfacing with other disciplines such as Term, Civils, Structures, Lighting and Cleansing is an integral part of the role too.
- Responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur and for the monitoring of progress of your areas of responsibility.
Responsibilities of our Principle Engineer
- The post holder will report to senior management and will assist with the feasibility, design, consultation and implementation of highway public realm schemes. These typically comprise of general security (hostile vehicle mitigation), streetscape improvements, mixed-use place making, inclusive connectivity and environmental improvements. Main Duties and responsibilities are:
- To design and implement highway engineering solutions
- To ensure technical reports and correspondence take into account current policies and best practice, and are delivered on time.
- Develop excellent and effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, external providers and other agencies
- Assist with monthly programmer and financial reporting
- Liaison with the client team on progress
- To prepare reports, drawings, schedules, bills of quantities, cost estimates and other documents in accordance with local procedures
What we're looking for in our Principle Engineer
- Significant experience of highway engineering and urban design within a consultancy environment; using local and national standards
- Ideally HVM security experience.
- Familiar with local government and private sector clients.
- Recognised individual in specialist discipline with well-established industry networks
- Office and site experience
- Competent use of software applications related to the role (MS suit, Auto desk etc)
- IEng or (or equivalent) member of an appropriate professional institution
Benefits of becoming our Principle Engineer
Our people are our greatest asset and we will offer you a competitive salary with a vast range of benefits such as:
- Holiday that exceeds statutory limits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Discounts on retailers, day trips, sport equipment and airport parking.
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Life Assurance
- Opportunity to study for formal qualifications
- Career & professional development.
- Vodafone discounts
If interested get in touch as they will interview ASAP.