|Location: Winnersh, Berkshire||Salary: £70000 - £90000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Rosie Bayliss|
Principle Engineering Manager
Principle Engineering Manager needed for an aerospace systems organisation based in Reading who are looking to employ an experienced Principle Engineering Manager who has experience leading a multi discipline team (including systems engineers, software engineers and test and support engineers). You will have 5-6 direct reports and 60 indirect reports.
The successful Principle Engineering Manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Bonus (12%)
- Company pension scheme
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health screening
- Free parking
- Dry cleaning service
- Free tea and coffee!
- Childcare vouchers
- Dental Insurance
- Payroll Giving
- Private Medical Scheme
- Retail Voucher
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Principle Engineering Manager will include:
- The scope of the role involves leading the whole department operation, engaging with both internal and external customers to ensure the best possible solutions are achieved within time, budget and scope constraints.
- Manages Group Managers, Technical Project Managers, and senior technologists and is responsible for a medium-sized organization of engineers.
- Enables successful overall engineering performance of assigned department activities (including technical, cost, schedule, design to cost, product integrity, manufacturability).
- Assists in organizational strategic technical planning.
- Responsible for effective development and utilization of technical resources.
- Leverages advanced principles, theories, and concepts of complex technical subjects to provide direction for employees.
- Influences the development of operational objectives and long range goals of the department (time horizon of 1 to 2 years).
- Develop strategies to ensure efficient use of resources which contribute to the completion of domain projects. Drives reuse, personnel development, skill acquisition, process improvement. Enforces compliance to processes and standard work requirements.
- Actively addresses performance issues and risks.
- Supports business development activity with external customers (e.g., briefing on technologies, etc.) and meetings with internal customers.
- Maintain knowledge of future requirement and industry trends within respective domain.
- Reviews and approves all engineering bids to ensure success.
- Operates pan-department to assist resolving engineering issues/problems.
- Knowledgeable of customer's future requirements and industry trends with their domain
What you need to be the successful Principle Engineering Manager:
In order to be the successful Principle Engineering Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree qualified in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline
- Experience of leading multi-discipline teams comprising, Systems, Software, Test & Support
- Previous experience in line management of Engineering personnel
- Have knowledge and interpretation of relevant compliance standards
- Able to coherently develop a clear vision for technical solutions based upon disparate stakeholder input and communicate it in such a way as to achieve maximum buy-in from the team
- Proven technical experience in a range of industry standard Systems and Software development Tools
- Proven ability to perform structured trade studies and decision making
- Experience in developing high quality technical proposals
- Comfortable in interacting with customers at a technical level
- Familiarity in the use of a variety of software development methodologies (V Model, Agile, Scrum etc.)
- Good understanding of current state Software Technologies (programming languages, databases, operating systems, web applications, multi-threading, clustering etc.)
- Understanding of industry standard Software Test Methods and Standards
- Experience of providing an after sales customer environment against Service Level Agreements
- Experience of working in a Product Line Management environment
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
DON'T MISS OUT! Click apply now
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.