|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Systems Engineer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Dorset who are looking to employ an experienced Systems Engineer at Principle level with an in-depth knowledge of full systems lifecycles, experience of planning and conducting all levels of integration and testing, and the defence industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Systems Engineer will include:
- Delivering allocated tasks within budget and to timescales as agreed with the project management team.
- Conducting Systems Engineer tasks throughout the systems lifecycle consisting of:
- System testing and reporting:
- Configuration and Data Management
- Training and Development
- Maintain and develop your own functional skills relevant to the systems discipline.
- Identify own training needs and develop your personal career path to support the personal development process.
- Adhere to the company's systems engineering processes and procedures.
- Supporting the safety verification process as required;
- Support planning through input to project schedule by estimating tasks and adhere to agreed estimates/timescales.
- Supports Bids by providing input on technical solutions, estimates and plans.
What you need to be the successful Systems Engineer:
In order to be the successful Systems Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering best practices and common pitfalls.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering methodologies , processes and tools
- Appreciation of electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles.
- Awareness of safety issues.
- Knowledge of legislative arena from an engineering perspective
- Experience of Systems Engineering in the defence industry or other relevant environment.
- Experience of planning and conducting all levels of integration and testing.
- Experience of conducting system commissioning, integration and acceptance tests
- Experience of the use of Systems Engineering tools.
- Experience of the whole Systems lifecycle.
- Experience of conducting engineering activities in accordance with structured business processes
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
All appliccants moving forward for the Systems Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.