|Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire||Salary: £20000 - £27000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Procurement Administrator required to join a globally recognised defence and engineering company in the Hampshire area.
This position reports to the IT Services Global Operations Manager and operates under the general direction of the UK Contracts & Procurement Manager. The Procurement Administrator will be a key user of the companies Procure to Pay (P2P) system, generating Purchase Requisitions and reporting on the status of orders whilst working closely with all stakeholders involved in the procurement process.
On offer for the Procurement Administrator is a permanent position offering up to £27,000 for a 30 hour week. The 30 hour week is also based on a 9 day fortnight.
Training will be provided with this position.
Role responsibilities of the Procurement Administrator include:
- Provide expert usage of tools such as P2P, SharePoint, Sub-Contractor Time Recording Application (STRAP), and their associated processes
- Raise Purchase Requisitions (PRs) via P2P (e.g. for sub-contractor labour, capital, goods and services)
- Maintain STRAP time recording system, as well as train new starters, add new contractors, add and remove work packages as instructed, and perform journal hours for hours booked incorrectly as and when instructed
- Collate and distribute the monthly 'estimated actuals' report for all EBS functions
- Ensure that Purchase Orders (POs) have correct Work Packages applied
- Maintain records of PO coverage (time and value) and ensure timely renewals as applicable for expiring POs
- Perform first approvals on invoices; validate work conducted in accordance with invoice (including matching with timecard reports); add work packages and internal routing
- Support the training of new starters on the processes and usage of P2P
- Produce monthly reporting as required by the business
- Offer guidance, support, and professional advice as required to ensure and maintain a positive team culture
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- SAP experience or similar
- Strong inter-personal skills indicating an aptitude for independence combined with ability for working in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, with the ability to quickly learn new skills, processes and technologies
- Highly organised - able to multi task, plan and prioritise appropriately
- Committed to personal excellence, ethical behaviour, and integrity
- A high level of energy, concentration, and commitment
- Analytical problem solving ability
- Able to acquire Security Clearance in the UK
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.