|Location: Hayes, London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alii Thorogood|
Category Sourcing Manager - Procurement
Category Sourcing Manager needed for a multinational defence organisation based in the Hayes area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Category Sourcing Manager that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of Procurement, with strong understanding of the implications of technical risk
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Category Sourcing Manager will include:
- Develop & implement a commodity Procurement Strategy to the supply chain
- Responsible for the management of the procurement of bought out materials for selected commodities & suppliers & to ensure that bought out materials meet specification, delivery and quality requirements
- To identify supply chain risks and introduce necessary risk mitigation plans
- To develop supplier relationships by sharing forward planning and business goals to collectively make better informed decisions to enable us to reach our goals
- To identify and evaluate supplier capability and competitiveness and ongoing development of suppliers who will meet our current and future business requirements
- Establish supplier contracts ensuring customer flow down of terms and conditions are accepted in the supply chain
- Conduct regular business reviews with key suppliers to review delivery, quality and cost performance, existing and future requirements as well as improvement programmes
- Establish with suppliers, a supply chain process that will generate and increase inventory turns and lead time reductions.
- Maximise profit contribution and value for money by optimising cost savings on high value material expenditures
- Develop inventory management strategies aimed at achieving zero stock outs for materials supporting our manufactured products
- Actively work together with our Engineering / Programmes teams and our strategic suppliers to reduce costs, improve designs, remove risks and reduce product lead times.
- Follow market conditions in support of the overall supply chain process and obtain and communicate technology developments within the Engineering Team to support new product programmes
- Communicate with the Engineering Team during the project lifecycle and provide intelligent purchasing support to product designs and be influential in the make / buy decision process
- Continuously assess the procurement process and, where appropriate, suggest and implement corrective action to improve the process
What experience you need to be the successful Category Sourcing Manager:
- To have a proven track record of delivering supply chain cost reductions
- Demonstrate business acumen and negotiation skills i.e., understand the implications of technical risk
- To have knowledge of legal requirements and terms and conditions of contracts
- Engineering knowledge / background to understand the needs of product development
- Ability to problem solve including creating innovative solutions to internal and external issues
- Good analytical and logical reasoning ability leading to sound decision making
- Ability to set up and manage detailed development sub-contracts
- Works well in a product development team environment
- A strong team player and must have the ability to create and maintain effective professional relationships with suppliers and other members of staff
- An excellent communicator, written and oral and has a track record of engagement at senior levels
- Good at prioritising and manages own time effectively to achieve results
- To be PC literate and be able to effectively use essential software packages
- Has worked in a defence organisation
- Experience in global sourcing
- To have the ability to produce contractual documentation, establish and agreement and award a contract to a supplier
- Full Clean driving license.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Category Sourcing Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.