|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £42000 - £49000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Charlie Ringer|
Procurement Officer needed - Bedfordshire - Permanent - Up to £49,000 per annum based on experience
Procurement Officer needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Procurement Officer with an in-depth experience of Supplier relationship Management, strategic sourcing, advanced procurement techniques and control of Suppliers
The successful Procurement Officer will be working for a renowned and established Defence company known globally for their innovative products and services spreading across multiple sectors. This position offers the successful candidate and wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £42,000 - £49,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- 2:1 Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
- 9 day fortnight work pattern
- Sickness and accident plan
Required skills for the Procurement Officer will include:
- Strategic sourcing using advanced procurement techniques
- Managing supplier relationships
- Achieving cost saving targets and
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing and advanced procurement techniques/tools
- Strong experience within the defence industry.
- Proven Commercial and Contract Management skills
- Direct experience of the operational control of suppliers
- Excellent commercial skills with the ability to analyse and negotiate best-value agreements
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively manage stakeholders' expectations at a variety of levels
- Data literate with strong analytical skills
- Highly motivated, determined, and committed individual with a proven record of achieving cost saving targets/objectives
- Individual who thrives on challenges, and has experience working within a fast paced procurement function
- Understanding of related disciplines/departments within a design and manufacturing environment
- Capability to develop ingenious and creative solutions to complex problems, including supplier issues.
Desired Skills for the successful Procurement Officer:
- Mechanical (fabrications/machined items) and Electrical (box-build, cables, components) buying experience
- Supply chain experience in the defence environment
- Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production, sustainment and end-of-life
- Flexibility to work at different levels of sub contract complexity (off the shelf, build to print, MOTs, and design to specification)
- Knowledge of the SAP ERP system
- Bachelors' degree in a business/scientific/technical discipline
- Knowledge/experience of process improvement methodologies
- Ampthill based, but will require travel to suppliers on a reasonably regular basis, tis travel will be UK based.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HOLD SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.