|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £28000 - £33000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
Salary: £28,000- £33,000
Currently looking for a Procurement Officer, needed for a Defence and Marine Engineering Company based in Bristol. As the Procurement Officer you will be providing procurement support to the day to day operation of current programmes and bids.
- 25 days holiday per year increasing to 26 days after 3 years of service.
- Life Assurance
- Sick Pay Entitlement
- Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection
- Employee Share Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Personal Achievement Training
- Eye Test
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Knowledge, Skills and Experience of the Procurement Officer:
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Prioritise own workload and organise own time to achieve objectives
- Proactive style and flexible attitude to scope of role
- Seek to identify opportunities for continuous improvement within own role
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently whilst paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Contribute as an effective team member
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of business both internally and externally
- High standard of technical skills including MS Office particularly Excel
- Previous experience of working in an engineering environment would be advantageous
Key Responsibilities of the Procurement Officer:
- Provide support to the project teams and understand the project procurement requirements and help with the sourcing and procurement of goods and services to meet expectations.
- Maintenance of the project Supplier Commitment Records
- Raising purchase requisitions and the administration of purchase orders and amendments to ensure timely achievement of project objectives.
- Preparation of requests for quotation to suppliers to meet the requirements and demands of the business and projects
- Raise Good Received Notes and dispatch documentation and dispatching goods
- Processing of supplier invoices ensuring all deliverables have been met and appropriate budget holder sign-off is obtained in a timely manner
- Gathering of due diligence and assessment information of suppliers to be added to the Company Approved Suppliers List to enable the Sub-Contracts Manager to approve them
- Keep regular contact with suppliers/vendors to resolve any order or delivery problems.
- Maintain key supplier performance metrics and contribute to internal and Corporate reporting requirements
- Maintain and ensure all Approved Supplier approval documentation is kept up to date.
- Assist in the administration of procurement processes and procedures within the business
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!