|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Procurement Officer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire. They're looking to employ an experienced Procurement Officer will demonstrate the ability and flexibility to manage multiple suppliers and support business winning initiatives to those in other technology areas within the business.
The successful Procurement Officer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Health insurance coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Sick and bereavement leave
- Free, on-site flu shots
- Free, confidential, on-site biometric health screenings
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Procurement Officer will include:
- Understanding of Supply Chain best practice.
- Undertake contract execution on allocated procurements whether subcontract, commodity or complex material purchases
- Ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are specified and adhered to with the contract
- Achieving on time delivery, to meet contractual quantity, quality and technical requirements using the relevant procurement processes.
- Lead and manage a range of procurements from simple to complex including design/drawing control, delivery and warranty.
- Assisting in ensuring successful completion of design, development, delivery, warranty and contract closeout as applicable by providing contractual and commercial support to the SPM in regard to subcontract obligations.
- Actively participate, and take the lead where appropriate, in negotiations with suppliers to ensure best-value is achieved.
- Developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships with key internal and external business contacts to achieve mutual benefit.
- Managing and configuration control of the contract and associated documentation.
- Deputising for the Procurement lead or SPM, as requested.
- Undertaking all relevant transactional activities in SAP.
- Work with Commercial colleagues to ensure mandatory flow down conditions are managed and to assess risk and opportunities for cost savings and schedule improvements.
What you need to be the successful Procurement Officer:
In order to be the successful Procurement Officer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrated successful procurement, contract, supply chain experience in delivering against requirements.
- Developing procurement, business acumen, financial control and analytical skills.
- Experience of facilitating solutions.
- Team player with evolving leadership skills.
- Supply chain experience in dealing with multi-functional organisations along with a proven ability to achieve technical and business goals
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
- Confident self-starter, capable of innovation and lateral thinking.
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
- Understands impacts on a programme/business operationally.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Understanding of key commercial skills, including risk identification and basic contract terms.
- Data literate with strong analytical skills.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.