|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £45.00 - £53.00 per hour|
|Sector: Pharmaceuticals||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Product and Therapy senior Communications Manager
- To plan, lead and implement product and therapy area communications activities (proactive and reactive) within my clients UK Communications & Public Affairs team and provide strategic counsel and partnership to the Country Value Teams (CVT) and senior leaders in the UK Op Co.
- To develop and implement compelling and impactful communications strategies to drive growth of our Dynamic Champion brands and support business objectives: build my clients profile and reputation with external stakeholders in our key Therapy Areas of focus; anticipate and react to issues affecting the business; build thought leadership in our priority TAs; and demonstrate the value of our priority brands through media activity around scientific data and regulatory milestones, real world evidence or stakeholder partnerships.
- To develop relationships of trust with relevant external customers (patients, patient advocacy groups & media) and key internal stakeholders to help shape and influence the environment and position my cleint as a trusted and respected business partner.
- To build relationships and liaise closely with Communications & Public Affairs colleagues in the UK, EMEA and Global to ensure alignment and to partner on projects where required.
- Complete annual Drug Safety, ABPI and HCC Awareness training
- Report Adverse Events and complaints in a timely way to Drug Safety according to current Adverse Event Reporting guidelines/SOP and to maintain Regulatory compliance
- Act in accordance with ABPI Code of Practice.
- If commissioning contractors or third-party organisations, put contracts in place and provide training so that these individuals also act in accordance with my cleints HCC requirements when interacting with Healthcare Professionals and report adverse events and complaints (as above).
- Complies with designated SOPs for the role
Skills and Experience:
- At least 8 years' experience in pharmaceutical brand/product and therapy area/franchise communications, either in-house or within an agency/consultancy
- Expertise in core healthcare communications disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate complex scientific data into compelling communications materials
- Strong media knowledge and journalist contacts
- Knowledge of new models of communication including digital and social media
- High level of understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice
- Strong technical competencies relevant to Brand/Product Communications, including issues management and proactive, compliant product communications
- Experience and knowledge of a range of therapy areas
- Flexibility and agility in managing proactive and reactive workloads
- Experience in benchmarking results and setting appropriate evaluation metrics
- Experience working collaboratively across different teams with competing priorities
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Proven track record in delivering results in a high pressure and fast-paced environment
- Strong influencing and networking skills
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in agency and budget management
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.