|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 7 days ago|
Product Assurance Engineer
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend
I have a great opportunity for a Product Assurance Engineer to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. My client can offer you an exciting career working on future technology projects that you wouldnt necessarily get to work on anywhere else.
The Product Assurance Engineer will provide support to the Business Unit, supplying high quality custom image sensors to external customers such as NASA & ESA prime contractors.
Working with the project teams and the customer, you will be instrumental in ensuring the design and manufacturing risk (in terms of quality) is identified, evaluated and mitigated through the demonstration of existing heritage and new design and manufacturing process validation. In addition, prompt identification and prioritisation of non-conformance, ensuring non-conformance is managed with clearly defined containment, identification of root cause and effective implementation of corrective action at project and management systems level will play a key part in the role.
Some of the main duties of the Product Assurance Engineer will include:
* Support tasks required to drive improvements and will advise and undertake a programme of risk based audits in house and within the supply chain (if appropriate) to drive improvements (including the. evolution) of Business Management system.
* Support dedicated projects to deliver the quality and Product Assurance requirements and will:
* advise/establish the Product Assurance and compliance to requirement aspects of potential new projects and products, and generation of Product Assurance Plans
* support the Design, Test and Manufacturing Readiness Reviews within the project lifecycle
* support the assembly, verification, validation and test phases of the project
* ensure quality requirements flowdown between customer, Company and supply chain
* support the administration of, co-authorise and close out permits, concessions and NRBs
* Support external audits as required (product certification bodies and customers) and facilitate Customer mandated inspections (including administration of staff and facilities)
* Fulfil Product Assurance roles as directed by the Product Assurance Manager to support the growth of the Business Unit and any transformational activities identified (including taking a flexible and adaptable approach) and be prepared to think "outside the box" to address areas of concern (if applicable).
* Actively participate in providing support to other companies across the globe (through training and significant periods of on-site support).
In order to be the successful Product Assurance Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
To succeed in this role you must have a proven track record in Product/Quality Assurance, preferably within space, aerospace or defences industries, a broad background in design and production for electro-mechanical parts (with assemblies with electronics and software experience an advantage), good attention to detail and a confident combined with a professional approach.
In addition, proven structured approach to problem solving with experience of quality tools and methodologies and ability to lead problem solving Teams, ability in MS Office, good communication skills (written and verbal) and personal values in line with ours:- Agility, Integrity, Excellence throughout and Customers first
* ISO9001 or AS9100 Internal/Lead auditor certified
* Degree preferred however as a minimum HNC/HND in Electronic/Mechanical Engineering
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Product Assurance Engineer to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.