|Location: Bristol, England||Salary: £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits|
|Sector: Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ian Cowx||Job Published: 5 days ago|
Product Safety Engineer
£45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus and Benefits Package.
The Product Safety Engineer will support the Safety and Technical authorities in the execution of tasks and collation of evidence required to justify the product safety argument and timely completion of safety programmes.
- Knowledge of Product Safety Management Processes, and experienced in the implementation and delivery of Product and System Safety Engineering activities
- Product Safety related Legislation, Regulation and Standards
- Experienced in the use of hazard and risk identification, assessment and management
- Experience in large safety integration and/or systems of systems safety concepts
- Exercise duties in accordance with statutory requirements and the Safety and Environmental Management System.
- Mitigate risks and improve overall safety performance
- Demonstrate strong leadership for safety and environmental protection, setting consistent and high standards across all areas
- Immediately raise any concerns regarding the safety of a product, or the application of policies and processes.
Major Tasks and Activities
- To facilitate appropriate hazard /risk identification and analysis, and associated evaluation or management activities
- To generate safety artefacts required to support the product safety argument under guidance from the Department Manager
- To support Project Design Authorities in achieving compliance with Legislation, Regulations and Standards applicable to the product(s)
- To develop and ensure product safety requirements are incorporated from an early design phase, and maintained throughout
- Where required, act as the Product Safety point of contact for the project team, particularly in terms of collation of evidence and deliverables required from the team to support the product safety argument
- To attend Project Safety and Environmental Committees
- To peer review product safety-related items generated by others
- Experienced in developing the strategy for evidence based arguments
- Problem solving
- Data gathering and analysis
- Presentation and report writing
- Shows flexibility in thinking
Experience in working to standards such as DEF Stan 00-056, 00-055, 00-051, IEC 61508, JSPs, and DSA02 or similar is highly desirable.
- Product Safety experience and experience of delivery on MOD projects.
- Appropriate engineering qualification and/or experience in engineering safety management
- Current Security Clearance or ability to achieve security clearance is essential.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.