|Location: Birkenhead, Merseyside||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits Package|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Safety and Certification Engineer.
£40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits.
(Safety Case, ALARP, Def-Stan, AS9100, MOD, DAOS)
This position of Safety Engineer offers a great opportunity to join an established organisation and take ownership of the Safety and Certification Engineering for the group. This is a Product Safety position in a defence industry setting and as such will require somebody with prior Product Safety experience.
- Responsible for ensuring technical accuracy of Hazard Identification, Hazard Logs, Safety Assessments Reports, Certification Plans and other Airworthiness related documents.
- Responsible for the mentoring other team members in the development of products using Safety Engineering Assurance practices.
- Responsible for ensuring that all projects conform to 'As Low As Reasonably Practicable' (ALARP) principles and best practice arrangements according to the relevant regulatory requirements.
- Identify and drive improvement initiatives in Safety Engineering and Certification processes
- Work to embed a culture of Safe Working Practices, building upon existing Processes, Procedures and Work Instructions already in place.
- Responsible for review of engineering designs and the development of substantiation data to demonstrate compliance with regulatory and customer requirements.
- Solid understanding of Safety Engineering Principles and the ability to develop Safety documentation with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of aerospace regulatory approvals pertinent to EASA and UK MoD standards
- Qualified to degree level in an Engineering discipline
- Experience in Flight Equipment, Aerospace Equipment or general aircraft design
- Knowledge of AS9100, EASA Part 21 Subpart G & J and UK MAA DAOS/DEFSTAN 0056
- FMEA / FMECA
- MOD DAOS
- DefStan 0056
If this sounds of interest and you would like to know more please don't hesitate to get in touch.