|Location: Chertsey, Surrey||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Product Safety Engineer
Chertsey (M25 J9)
£40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
The Product Safety Engineer will perform the duties associated with Equipment Safety.
This will include planning, prioritising work, supervision and ensuring that tasks are undertaken in a professional and timely manner producing all relevant documentation in accordance with relevant safety and defence industry legislation, regulations and contractual requirements.
- Have a deep understanding of MoD safety and regulatory standards and policies, such as Defence Standard 00-56 and DSA02-DMR.
- Ability to produce Safety Cases and technical documentation (including safety management plans, documented safety assessment, hazard logs and safety case report) to MoD and other customer standards.
- Ability to establish priorities through review of contractual, policy and legislative requirements.
- Experience establishing and working to Safety Management Systems and Plans.
- Experience in both physical and functional aspects of Safety Engineering.
- Work as part of an engineering design team with the ability to advise the product/system technical design authority on safety matters.
- Have a deep knowledge of standard risk identification, estimation and reduction techniques.
- The experience/ability to establish and maintain interfaces with both internal and external safety stakeholders including, but not limited to, customers, project teams and safety committees.
- Ability to develop and document coherent, evidence-based, structured safety arguments.
- Good oral and written skills including presentations.
- An engineering-based qualification at a minimum of HND level.
- Ability to obtain SC Level security clearance.