|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ian Cowx|
Product Safety Manager
This is an immediate requirement for a Product Safety Manager with experience of managing teams and taking responsibility for the full product safety lifecycle.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Product Safety and Airworthiness Manager to work for a leading Electronics design company in Loudwater. This role of Product Safety and Airworthiness Manager is a pivotal and important role that ensures that the Safety Management System (SMS) implemented is relevant and appropriate for the task across all engineering functions and that the Airworthiness accreditations are controlled and maintained.
The Product Safety and Airworthiness Manager
The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience in airworthiness and be capable of leading specialist teams of Engineers.
Responsibilities for this Product Safety Manager role:
- Ensure that the Safety Management System is fit for purpose, correctly implemented and reviewed and agreed with the SMT.
- The Safety Risk associated with all products is assessed, monitored and reported correctly; informing the Safety Management Team as necessary.
- Liaising with Engineering Director to ensure that all safety and environmental requirements are met within projects and products.
- Airworthiness of airborne products is under continual review, utilising established reporting mechanisms, and reporting issues to customers if they arise
- Ensure strategic direction for the Safety and Airworthiness department is determined and communicated to those responsible for its implementation and support.
- DAOS accreditation is controlled and maintained.
- Strategic guidance is provided to the Senior Management Team (SMT) on the safety and environmental matters.
- The main duties of the Product Safety and Airworthiness Manager will be:
- Maintenance, oversight and implementation of the UECSS SMS, safety, environmental and airworthiness policies and procedures.
- Act as the focal point for provision of military airworthiness advice to projects.
Requirements of the Product Safety Manager:
- Knowledge of the relevant safety standards / legislation for electronics systems design
- Knowledge of the relevant environmental standards / legislation for electronics systems design, such as BS EN 61010-1: 2010 and BS EN 61508-1: 2010
- Knowledge of common defence standards, especially safety management standards including DEF STAN 00-056, POSMS, POEMS, Mil Std 882
- Experience acting as project safety advisor and project safety signatory
- Knowledge of Safety case development in accordance with DSA(.01)(JSP430) / JSP520 / JSP454
- Knowledge of Airworthiness standards and accreditation including DAOS and Def Stan 00-970
- Demonstrable experience of applying safety management standard to system design.
- Experience of acting as DAOS Safety Officer
SC clearance is required for this position.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.