|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Job Title: Production Assembly Manager
Salary: Dependent Upon Experience + Package
Key Skills: Production, Assembly, Repair, Management, Continuous Improvement, LEAN, 5Why, Manufacturing, Electronics, Defence, Aerospace, Budget, Quality, Bids, ISO, MRP, SAP
An experienced Assembly Manager is required to play a key role in taking responsibility for the output of the production team, putting a focus on providing first time manufactured and repaired items in line with agreed budgets, schedule and quality agreements. You will also be required to implement and manage continuous improvements highlighting deficiencies, identifying requirements or changes.
Working from site, this is a truly fantastic opportunity for the right person. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please read on!
So, what will you be doing as an Assembly Manager?
- Ensure Production team deliverables are identified and managed ensuring that commitments are delivered to the required cost, quality and schedule.
- Provide real-time information to both the Operations /Project Managers and Production Leads regarding delivery
- Ensure the quality of all assembly and repair output - focusing on right first-time manufacture.
- Ensuring all manufacturing processes are followed, including identification of those which are incorrect and ensuring the relevant parties are aware for future correction.
- Coordinate and compile quotations/estimates in support of bids for the assembly and repair functions.
- Managing and maintaining health and safety requirements within the production environment e.g. risk assessments, COSHH checks.
- Ensuring the production area is maintained with a good standard or housekeeping and cleanliness
What are we looking for in our next Assembly Manager?
- Hold experience in a Production and Management role.
- Be familiar with RoHS legislation, six sigma, continuous improvement and LEAN principles.
- Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment (nuclear, defence or aerospace manufacturing environment desirable)
- Have an understanding of systems such as ISO-9001, OHSAS 18001, ISO-9001 and NQA-1.
- Have ability to manage / influence teams of 8+ people
- Possess excellent time management and task prioritisation skills are essential with the ability to juggle various tasks.
- Have experience working with an ERP/MRP system.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Assembly Manager, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Assembly Manager, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.