|Location: Horsham, West Sussex||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Daniel James||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Job Title: Production Engineer
Location: West Sussex, Commutable from: Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, Worthing, Horsham, Southwater, Burgess Hill, Steyning, Arundel.
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 + Excellent Benefits.
Production Engineer required to join my client in West Sussex.
Due to continous growth a vacancy for a Production Engineer has opened up. This is an opportunity to work for a well established business that has been running for a number of succesful years and there is no sign of this slowing down!
This company designs and manufactures a range of electronic equipment that are used for various applications around the world.
What is on offer?
- Competitive Salary (£35,000-£45,000)
- Company Bonus
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays (these days are broken down into hours, meaning you get to make the most out of your allowance)
- Death in Service
- 37.5 hours a week with a early finish on Friday.
What is the role?
As a Production Engineer you will have a varied role, in essence the role is to ensure production runs as smoothly and as efficient as possible.
You will be joining a small team of other Production Engineers, this position will be one of the more senior members in the team and you will report to the Manufacturing Manager.
Here a some of the responsibilities of the Production Engineer:
- Support NPI and the Manufacturing Manager with New Product Introduction and production efficiency improvements.
- To be instrumental in the implementation of Lean methodologies and techniques.
- Work with engineers to ensure all production areas utilise the most efficient production methods and to introduce new tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- Ensure that day to day production queries and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
What are we looking for?
To be suitable for the Production Engineer position we are after:
- Degree/HND/HNC in Production Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Experience working as a Production/Manufacturing Engineer
- Ideally you would have a background working within Electronic Production/Manufacture.
- Experience working in a Lean environment, if you have strong experience implementing Lean that will be an advantage.