|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: Ben's|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Ben Abbott|
Production Engineer x 5
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend
Salary - £30,000 - £40,000 + Great Benefits
I have a great opportunity for a Production Engineer to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex.
This role is a key position with the Production Engineering team and will bring with it the flexibility to work across all product ranges within RF Power (when required), contributing to the strategic growth of the business, delivering consistent capability and improved capacity to our manufacturing processes. The successful candidate will ensure that all manufacturing configuration controls are in place and up to date through the life of the product, report to the customer on technical issues and assist the Operations facility. The main focus of the role will be to deliver continuous improvement opportunities directly impacting the profitability of RF Power and to educate their peers in lean manufacturing philosophies.
Some of the main duties of the Production Engineer will include:
* Work with manufacturing and supply teams on all issues and problems of a technical nature, driving these to full root cause with sustainable corrective actions in place.
* Develop mid to long range improvement plans for both product and process, working with the relevant stakeholders
* Write and review process FMEA & control plans and complete Risk Assessments, close the loop on identified actions.
* Involvement in the analysis of new and existing designs to ensure DFM & DFA criteria is met.
* Plan and control the execution of manufacturing change from concept to production acceptance for process improvements and trials through permits, concessions, SWI's etc.
* Identification and preparation of CAPEX justifications when required, with full detailing of specifications and ROI for each application; followed after installation with cost benefit realisation.
* Review, update, write and clear and concise work instructions (SOP's) for use by the Operations area.
* Control the introduction of new parts and tools into the manufacturing environment.
* Manage the required activities through the relevant phase deliverable gate of the NPI process working with the BU Engineering and Project teams.
* Challenge conventions in order to ensure continuous improvements, especially with regard to manufacturing cost and ease of manufacture.
In order to be the successful Production Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in Manufacturing
* Demonstrable experience in an engineering function in support of manufacturing.
* Considerable knowledge of mechanical manufacturing philosophies, i.e. design for manufacture I assembly / test techniques.
* A working knowledge of electrical and mechanical assembly, manufacturing and test
* In depth CI, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology, Quality toolset experience.
* Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
* Understanding of SPC data and calculations
* An ability to produce concise reports and effective presentations.
* Hands on with product, process, people and customer.
* An independent thinker and able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team to tight deadlines.
* Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance and ITAR Clearance
* ERP / SAP Systems experience
* Experience in implementing product safety risk assessments and application of required mitigation activities
* Project Management Experience.
* Knowledge of vacuum electronic technology would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of electrical and RF test techniques would be beneficial
* SC level security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Engineer to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.