|Location: Chelmsford, Essex, S. E. England, England||Salary: Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend
Salary - £30,000 - £40,000 + Great Benefits
Are you a Production or Manufacturing Professional looking for a job totally out of the norm? Then look no further as this could just be the job you have been searching for!
My client is an Innovative and exciting future technology company with projects in Defence, Space, RF & Lifesaving Medical industries.
They are looking for a Production Engineer who has experience with problem solving, Continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing etc. You will play a key part in lowering cost and raising the output of the production line by implementing new modern processes.
Some of the main duties of the Production Engineer will include:
* Work with manufacturing and supply teams on all issues and problems of a technical nature, driving these to full root cause with sustainable corrective actions in place.
* Develop mid to long range improvement plans for both product and process, working with the relevant stakeholders
* Write and review process FMEA & control plans and complete Risk Assessments, close the loop on identified actions.
* Involvement in the analysis of new and existing designs to ensure DFM & DFA criteria is met.
* Plan and control the execution of manufacturing change from concept to production acceptance for process improvements and trials through permits, concessions, SWI's etc.
* Identification and preparation of CAPEX justifications when required, with full detailing of specifications and ROI for each application; followed after installation with cost benefit realisation.
* Review, update, write and clear and concise work instructions (SOP's) for use by the Operations area.
* Control the introduction of new parts and tools into the manufacturing environment.
* Manage the required activities through the relevant phase deliverable gate of the NPI process working with the BU Engineering and Project teams.
* Challenge conventions in order to ensure continuous improvements, especially with regard to manufacturing cost and ease of manufacture.
In order to be the successful Production Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in Manufacturing
* Demonstrable experience in an engineering function in support of manufacturing.
* Considerable knowledge of mechanical manufacturing philosophies, i.e. design for manufacture I assembly / test techniques.
* A working knowledge of electrical and mechanical assembly, manufacturing and test
* In depth CI, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma methodology, Quality toolset experience.
* Problem solving experience (8D, A3, Root Cause Analysis etc.)
* An ability to produce concise reports and effective presentations.
* Capable of obtaining SC - Security Clearance and ITAR Clearance
* ERP / SAP Systems experience
* Experience in implementing product safety risk assessments and application of required mitigation activities
* Project Management Experience.
* Knowledge of vacuum electronic technology would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of electrical and RF test techniques would be beneficial
* SC level security clearance.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Engineer to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.