|Location: Greenford, Middlesex||Salary: £28 - £31 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 9 days ago|
Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer needed for a 23-week contract in Greenford. My client is a leading electronic engineering company who provides electronic products for the military.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer will include:
* Liaise with all departments, throughout the complete design and production lifecycle, to ensure efficient development, manufacture and delivery of products to customers.
* Produce shop floor layouts to allow efficient flow of product through assembly processes.
* Able to develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments, including Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques
* Provide active input to the design review process. Familiar in DFM techniques that will ensure a smooth transition of product from design to production.
* Produce and maintain detailed process documentation and assembly instructions to ensure consistent quality standards are maintained throughout manufacturing processes.
* Ensure conformance to Company policies and procedures.
* Design of specialist production tooling (jigs & fixtures) to ensure efficient assembly of products.
* Communicate and liaise with other departments (QA, Engineering and Supply chain) to resolve production issues.
* Support production assembly with technical and day to day manufacturing issues.
* Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What you need to be the successful Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer:
* Detailed knowledge of a broad range of manufacturing technology, processes, and concepts
* Knowledge of IPC standards associated with pcb and wiring harness assembly.
* Experience of low, medium volume and cellular manufacturing
* Good understanding of mechanical principles and manufacturing processes
* Experience gained within an electro-mechanical assembly environment
* Experience of working in a UK SC cleared environment
* Degree in suitable related engineering discipline (ideal) i.e Mechanical, Manufacturing or Production Engineering.
* HNC (Minimum) in related subject (Mechanical/ Electrical, manufacturing technology).
* Full Driving licence to allow external visits to suppliers and service providers.
* Ability to obtain SC Clearance.
* Membership of professional bodies such as I Prod E, I Mech E or similar is desirable.
The successful Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer must have security (SC) clearance as a minimum (must only hold a British passport).
If you are interested in this Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer opportunity, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Production Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer
23 Week Contract
£28 - £31ph
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.