|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £25 - £35 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering, Production||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Production Planner required to join a globally recognised defence company in the Havant area. They are a leading provider of Systems Engineering, Software Development and complex Programme Management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial projects.
Reporting to the Lead Asset Manager, the Production Planner will be responsible for general direction and liaising with business functions, suppliers and customers to meet assigned programme and contractual requirements for the planning and allocation of assets.
On offer for the Production Planner:
- The chance to work for one of the worlds largest defence companies
- A competitive rate up to £35/hour
- Long contract (12 months with possible extension)
The Production Planner will be responsible for the following:
- Create detailed asset utilisation requirement and allocation plans and manage asset provisioning, and associated activities to meet Development, Test, Trials, Production, Retrofit and Spares provisioning requirements.
- Proactively manage asset availability, identifying future asset shortages at the earliest opportunity through the use of Line of Balance (LoB) forecasting and action accordingly.
- Plan, raise and issue production routings and carry out production control activities as required.
- Produce / Status resource requirements Basis of Estimate (BOEs) for new and existing programmes using Earned Value (EV).
- Oversee the safekeeping of assets, maintenance of records, asset tracking to ensure proper use, physical protection and accurate asset accounting.
- Manage the transition of assets between contracts as required.
- Liaise with Configuration Management to ensure correct configuration of assets and associated documentation.
- Liaise with Export & Business Practices to ensure compliance of freight/asset movement.
- Liaise with the Sub Contract Programme Managers (SPMs), Commercial, Integrated Project Team (IPT) leads, Customers and suppliers directly to ensure asset plans meet the requirements.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to ensure assets are of suitable condition with the required / complete documentation, and any non-conformances are resolved in a timely manner, to maximise asset availability.
- Coordinate with production / retrofit teams to facilitate asset on-site support and upgrades.
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities and define and implement mitigation plans to conclusion to avoid business impacts.
The Production Planner must have the following skillset / experience:
- Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) qualification and/or previous knowledge and experience for detailed planning, prioritization and execution in a similar capacity.
- Previous Production / Production Control or Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRPII) knowledge and experience.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to multitask across multiple programmes.
- Proactive approach to completing tasks to meet demanding schedule requirements.
It would be nice for the Production Planner to have the following (Desirable):
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Previous experience in defining and managing contract requirements for the acquisition, use, and disposition of Programme/Customer/Government Furnished Equipment (CFX/GFX) etc.
- Previous Supply Chain Management / Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MROs) experience.
- Strong analytical and planning skills and Time Management - able to prioritize several tasks and keep them running simultaneously (multitasking) against tight schedules and demanding environment.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.