|Location: Buckinghamshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Bradley Lamb||Job Published: 26 days ago|
Production Planner needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Buckinghamshire. They're looking to employ an experienced Production Planner who will be responsible for planning, monitoring and reviewing incoming order requirements, resources and production utilisation to ensure customer orders are delivered in line with customer requirements.
The successful Production Planner will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 day's holidays
- Variable annual bonus
- Contributed pension
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Production Planner will include:
- Plan all production jobs ensuring there is sufficient material and resources to meet the needs of the project
- Liaise with the relevant PM/PEL to demonstrate adherence to schedule and cost
- Liaise with Production Supervisors regarding capacity and stock requirements to meet incoming orders
- Work with the Production Manager to plan and prepare production schedules for production
- Manage information to optimise requirements to meet schedule dates for customer orders continually monitoring information and managing material requirements
- Monitor safety stock and work with the procurement team to adjust levels where necessary.
- Create planning schedule and planning sheets to establish sequence and lead time of each sub assembly to meet delivery dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders
- Plan the raising of shop orders/kits for production teams according to previously established manufacturing schedule
- Produce production reports and trial and kitted material shortage reports and liaise with Procurement to expedite
- Ensure all parties are fully updated of production status, and that work planning and execution objectives are integrated and communicated
- Release production and spares/CLS shop orders on a timely basis and follow through to ensure satisfactory completion
- Champion continuous improvement of systems and procedures in support of process improvements and elimination of waste
- Manage schedule of sub-contract suppliers and if required liaise with these suppliers to ensure material is delivered to schedule
- Work closely with Stores and Goods In to ensure material is available as per schedule
- Plan and expedite material for CLS spares
What you need to be the successful Production Planner:
In order to be the successful Production Planner and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment essential
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Manufacturing/Production Planner
- Proven experience of supervising/leading team
- Forecasting and planning experience
- Excellent IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel
- Proven problem solving skills, with the ability to proactively identify problems, put forward solutions and see through to resolution
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Planner to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.