|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: James Giblin|
Production Planner needed for a leading Aerospace organisation based in Cheltenham who are looking to employ an experienced Production Planner who will be responsible for scheduling production for various teams, Production Scheduling of Electrics/Harnesses and Switches, Operating Master Schedules and maintaining integrity of MRP inputs, Scheduling production observing Supplier constraints, and internal Capacity constraints.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Production Planner will include:
- Creating, maintaining and reporting performance of Master Schedule
- Capacity monitoring and reporting, including labour variance
- Contract review, ensuring new orders are within known constraints
- Attendance at daily Production stand up, resolving key issues affecting customer delivery
- Ensuring adherence to processes affecting MRP, and maintenance of processes
- Responsible for MRP input data, such as batch sizes
- Inventory planning, ownership and reporting of safety levels, production levelling and supply variability buffers
- Chair weekly supply v demand meeting, ensure best possible supply plan to meet customer requirements
- Customer delivery performance reporting
Provide feedback to production, commercial, quality and procurement on areas that may affect quality, cost or delivery.
- Work with engineering and NPIT to ensure a smooth transition of new products and latest standard parts into production ensuring minimal schedule and cost disruption
What you need to be the successful Production Planner:
In order to be the successful Production Planner and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Computer literate and experienced in using ERP functions, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint office tools
- Production Planning or Scheduling in a Make or Assemble to Order business
- Experience in a demand planning or S&OP environment
- High level of MRP parameters and troubleshooting experience
- Experience of IFS ERP system
- Ability to influence and support key business stakeholders
- Ability to challenge current embedded culture and ways of working
- Background gained in the aerospace or defence sectors (preferred, not essential)
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Planner to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.