|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Daniel Bowles|
Production Scheduler needed for a leading electronics defence & aerospace organisation based in Wimborne, Dorset. My client is looking to employ a Production Scheduler who will be responsible for the scheduling and manufacturing work consisting mainly of capacity and resource planning. They will also be responsible for driving the progress of 'live' Manufacturing Orders through Operations, and assisting with documentation in line with Customer requirements. An important part of this will include the maintenance of due/completion dates within the MRP system including the generation of operation-progression metrics.
The successful Production Scheduler will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: Competitive (to be discussed at application stage)
- 25 day's holiday
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Flexible working (plus early finish Fridays)
- Cycle scheme
- Life assurance
Some of the main duties of the Production Scheduler will include:
- Produce and maintain plans / schedules for the work undertaken by the production cells.
- Ensure the delivery of Good Quality product on time in line with Customer requirements - internal and external.
- To assist with daily SCRUM meetings with the Production Leads.
- Provide real-time information to both the Operations /Project Managers and Production Leads regarding the schedule, highlighting any potential risks to the output schedule and pro-actively recommending any work-around opportunities.
- To assist in key make/buy decisions with the Planning and Production team to maximise value and profitability.
- Support internal meetings as required
- To ensure the efficient operation of the department through innovation and reduction of waste.
- Providing weekly metrics to the Production/Operations Manager on production performance vs delivery forecasts.
In order to be the successful Production Scheduler and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Highly motivated to and driven, with the ability to manage / influence others, as required, in order to positively influence their performance and achieve targets.
- Previous experience in scheduling is essential.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills are essential with the ability to juggle various tasks.
- Manufacturing experience gained within the Defence or Engineering / Electronics / Manufacturing industries.
- ERP or MRP experience is preferable.
- Must be organised and approach all tasks in a systematic, process-orientated manner.
- Good general standard of education is required including GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English.
- Attention to detail.
- Smart appearance, in good physical health and possessing a positive mental attitude with a professional approach and outlook .
- Able to maintain a positive outlook against the background of changing / conflicting priorities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Scheduler to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.