|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: £15000 - £45000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Wimborne, Dorset - permanent
Salary advertised - not applicable!
Production Scheduler needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who specialise within nuclear and defence based in Dorset. The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance (hold a British passport only).
Benefits for the Production Scheduler:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits and fantastic career progression.
Purpose of the Production Scheduler:
The Production Scheduler is responsible for the scheduling of manufacturing work consisting mainly of capacity and resource planning. They will also be responsible for driving the progress of 'live' Manufacturing Orders through Operations, and assisting with documentation in line with Customer requirements. An important part of this will include the maintenance of due/completion dates within the MRP system including the generation of operation-progression metrics.
Some of the main duties the Production Scheduler will include:
Typically, tasks include:
- Produce and maintain plans / schedules for the work undertaken by the production cells
- Ensure the delivery of Good Quality product on time in line with Customer requirements - internal and external.
- To assist with daily SCRUM meetings with the Production Leads.
- Provide real-time information to both the Operations /Project Managers and Production Leads regarding the schedule, highlighting any potential risks to the output schedule and pro-actively recommending any work-around opportunities
- To assist in key make/buy decisions with the Planning and Production team
- Support internal meetings as required
- To ensure the efficient operation of the department through innovation and reduction of waste
- Providing weekly metrics to the Production/Operations Manager on production performance vs delivery forecasts
What you need to be the successful Production Scheduler:
- Highly motivated to and driven, with the ability to manage / influence others, as required, in order to positively influence their performance and achieve targets
- Previous experience in scheduling is essential
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills are essential with the ability to juggle various tasks
- Manufacturing experience gained within the Defence or Engineering / Electronics / Manufacturing industries
- ERP or MRP experience is preferable.
- Must be organised and approach all tasks in a systematic, process-orientated manner
- Good general standard of education is required including GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
- Attention to detail
- Smart appearance, in good physical health and possessing a positive mental attitude with a professional approach and outlook
- Able to maintain a positive outlook against the background of changing / conflicting priorities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Scheduler to progress their career within the engineering industry.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.