|Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear||Salary: £40000 - £60000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
Product Support Analyst
Salary - Salary of up to £40k-£60K per annum
Currently looking for an experienced Product Support Analyst, to work for a fintech payments company.
The salary advertised is a guide, salary will be offered dependent on experience. For information please call Sian on 01342 330571 or apply online.
As a Production Support Analyst, you will work as part of team devoted to making sure that the existing software architecture within the business is working well and being used efficiently. You will be involved with a blend of programming and administration tasks; working with various stakeholders to resolve technical problems through analysis, diagnosis and solution definition. The role will require a balance of technical skills, business knowledge, troubleshooting expertise, and excellent soft skills.
Some of the main duties of the Product Support Analyst will include:
- Drive excellence in application monitoring, log mining and performance tuning.
- Identify opportunities for more effective use of resource across the operations, 2nd Line and 3rd line support teams through co-operation, knowledge sharing, optimum allocation of tasks
- Produce high quality support documentation and diagrams on collaborative platforms e.g. Wiki
- Investigate and prioritise requests for support raised by business users.
- Provide technical and application support to the 24x7 operation (on a rota basis) of the production environment ensuring that Service Delivery meets the required standard.
- Deliver professional 2nd-3rd line application support for middleware and integration systems, performing in-depth root cause analysis or request fulfilment.
Essential skills and qualifications of Product Support Analyst:
- 5+ years of experience as an Application/Production Support Analyst or similar role.
- Experience in a Windows based 24/7 environment including 1st/2nd line support
- Experience in writing and using transact-SQL queries
- Experience in an low latency, high volume application support role, administering, configuring & maintaining some of the following multi-tier environment:
- OpsView (Nagios) / Nice to have AppDynamics
- MS SQL/Windows
- Scripting/coding experience in Python or Powershell.
- A logical approach and ability to think outside the box when problem solving and the flexibility to work in a fast changing 24/7 operational support environment
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline.
- Ability to deal with both technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal skills
- A great communicator
Desirable experience of the Product Support Analyst:
Proven experience with several of the following:
- Internet security
- Java Frameworks
- IIS Server knowledge
- Experience in the financial sector, ideally involving payment processingExperience of working in a high-pressure environment where system functionality has a direct effect on the bottom line.
- Understanding of transaction processing systems, preferably with some exposure to electronic point of sale and ATMs.
- Knowledge of ITIL (the IT Infrastructure Library) for service management
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.