|Location: Rochester, Kent||Salary: £22000 - £25000 per annum|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Callie Warner|
A Production Technician needed for one of the world's leading Defence organisations based in Kent. My client is looking to employ a Production Technician with an in-depth knowlege of wiring and soldering to a high standard.
The successful Production Technician will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- £22,000 - £25,000 (plus shift allowance)
- Enhanced annual leave
- Competitive Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Company contributed Share Incentive
- Flexible working programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Local and national employee discounts
- Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Production Technician will include:
- Willingness to work one of our shift patterns (night shift/ twilight shift/ rotating shift patterns)
- Ensuring housekeeping standards are maintained to keep areas FOD free. Clean as you go and end of shift/day tidying will be your responsibility
- Wiring/soldering and assembling main and sub-assemblies
- Undertaking inspection or test where trained and requested to do so
- Working strictly to our MES electronic work instructions against the IPC standard, also following any additional policies/procedures are key as this helps to achieve the standard required
- Maintaining accurate written and electronic records
- Using our IT tools within a Windows environment
What you need to be the successful Production Technician:
In order to be the successful Production Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as being very thorough and detailed. You will be hard working with a can do attitude.
- You will also be able to work collaboratively with others, building positive relationships and working responsibly.
- Experience of wiring and soldering to a high standard (such as, IPC standard)
- Experience with the defence, aerospace or electronics industry
- Solid IT skills
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Production Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!