|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum + salary advertised - please discuss|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Rosie Gillies|
Programme Engineering and Integration Manager
Programme Engineering and Integration Manager needed for a leading defence company based in Loudwater.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Programme Engineering and Integration Manager will include:
- To lead and direct the management of the Kedah Class Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) support activities including the necessary integration co-ordination of the overall whole ship sub-project activities.
- To assume programme ownership of projects which provide technical support to the (LSE) staff and the subcontract management of Kedah Class ensuring that they are delivered to the requisite levels of cost, schedule and performance. This will include the management of the deployed UECSS permanent and contract staff, supervision of Labuan Shipbuilding and Engineering local industrial contractors.
- To maintain a close liaison with RMN ship's company and RMN Squadron Engineering staff to ensure that the status of all project activities is fully understood; that customer involvement in acceptance and surveillance activities are scheduled; and that the necessary customer dependencies are under active management control.
- To convene and lead dedicated technical & programme integration reviews with technical and project staff to ensure that the associated activities of design integration, work scope development and technical execution are under formal engineering control.
- To direct and manage the scheduled activities undertaken by LSE and local specialist suppliers to ensure that the services and materials provided are fit for purpose and all activities conducted in a schedule and cost compliant manner.
- To lead and direct the development of the Kedah Class support activities acceptance regimes culminating in the documentation of same within a dedicated Acceptance Management Plan.
- To own the development and release of the following Kedah Class support documents:
- Support Work Package Description (Method Statement)
- Acceptance Management Plan
- Logistics & Operations Management Plan
- To support the following Kedah Class OPV meetings and reviews:
- Monthly Programme Review Meeting
- Weekly Operations Meeting
- Risk and Opportunity Review
- Master Schedule Review
- To be accountable for the development of a Kedah Class operational safety management framework and, through assurance, monitor the programme exposure to safety related hazards to insure that the both the working performed and the operational environment is Acceptably Safe.
- To direct and manage staff in the mustering and storage of Kedah Class materiel from point of receipt in Malaysia to the dockside location including the associated surveillance regime.
- To champion continuous improvement through effective quality management and the use of Learning from Experience (LfE) techniques culminating in the controlled change to corporate processes and procedures which better reflect the Kedah Class operating model and prime contracting obligations.
- To direct Kedah Class support programme compliance with and adherence to all relevant corporate and regulating bodies' codes of conduct, regulatory frameworks and legislative statues as they relate and apply to the contract.
What you will need to be the successful Programme Engineering and Integration Manager:
- Relevant past experience in a similar job
- Full security clearance
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.