|Location: High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: William Church||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Programme Manager needed for a leading Defence organisation based in High Wycombe who are looking to employ an experienced Programme Manager who has worked within a technical/engineering environment
Some of the main duties of the Programme Manager will include:
- To assume total responsibility for the management and delivery of assigned projects with full accountability for project performance. Deliver the programme/project in line with the UECSS processes, procedures, standards and project governance guidelines.
- To have total and complete understanding of project and contractual requirements.
- Identify and pursue business opportunities working closely with the sales and marketing team. Ensure that an opportunity capture plan is in place in line with the order intake process.
- Lead assigned bids taking on the role of a Bid Manager. Develop a robust delivery plan ensuring timely submission of the proposal to the customer in line with company's bid management process. Ensure a robust winning strategy is developed and communicated to the assigned team members in order to produce a 'winning proposal'. Effective management of assigned bid budget.
- Define, communicate, execute & monitor the project and prioritise specific to individual contracts and projects, in line with agreed contractual and delivery requirements, with appropriate work packages, key milestones and budgets for each stage of work package.
- Develop, execute and maintain project plans and statements of work (SOW's), detailing task descriptions, deliverables, project schedules through liaising with specialist areas across a matrix organisation in-line with company processes, procedures and standards.
- Develop and lead project teams; providing leadership, direction and control, through effective work package management. Provide support, mentoring and coaching as required to ensure success delivery of assigned programme/projects.
- Pro-active risk, issue and opportunity management, ensuring logs/registers are established and maintained through the life of the assigned project with high level of accuracy.
- Champion risk identification and management throughout the lifecycle of each programme, and educate Programme team members on their responsibilities to escalate identified risks/issues/opportunities. Qualify, quantify and assess risks in order to develop an appropriate mitigation strategy.
- Take responsibility for identification and realisation of Profit Improvement at a portfolio level.
- Effective Stakeholder Management including interface and the management of external customers. Ensure that all communications to stakeholders, verbal and written are clear, concise and unambiguous.
- Build strong customer relationship acting as the primary point of contact for customer, communication and liaison, keeping customers informed of work progress, issues and resolution plans. Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained at all times. Manage customer exceptions, in-line with company priorities and capabilities.
- Continually assess current performance, identify root causes, and actively drive programme/project and cross functional improvements through the life cycle of the assign project.
- Manage, report status and performance of the assigned project in line with UECSS management reporting cycle. Ensure project data is maintained to a high level of accuracy (forward load, project plans, risk registers and financial data) within the various company's business data systems.
- To hold, chair and /or present at various forums (such as project meetings, progress and contract reviews).
- Where appropriate, development and training of own staff, recruitment and appraisal.
- To comply with the Company Policy on Health & Safety.
What you need to be the successful Programme Manager:
In order to be the successful Programme Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree level in relevant management discipline or engineering with at least 10 years management experience. APM or PMI equivalent qualifications.
- Thorough understanding of Project/Programme Management principles.
- Demonstrable Project/Programme Management experience in a technical/engineering arena.
- Simultaneous management of multiple projects.
- A strong leader, able to positively influence.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Commercially aware and able to see the bigger business picture.
- Broad understanding of the roles of supporting business functions.
- Financially astute.
- Customer focused.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Programme Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.