|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Joe Tomkins||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Programme Manager required for a globally recognised aerospace company, based in Cheltenham.
My client are looking for an experienced & pro-active Programme Manager to lead the future programmes and support the campaigns necessary to win them. This role will require the successful candidate to establish, mobilise and successfully deliver multi-disciplinary projects throughout all phases of the product lifecycle.
On offer is a competitive salary which will be discussed upon application, all candidates must also be eligible for SC security clearance.
Benefits for Programme Manager:
- Flexible working
- Health care
- Dental care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 25 days' holiday
- & many more!
Key Responsibilities for Programme Manager:
- Ownership and management of the project to time, cost and quality throughout all phases of the product life cycle
- Provide leadership and direction for assigned project personnel, both in terms of the project objectives & the overarching business goals and processes
- Establish and maintain a robust requirements baseline for the project and ensure strict adherence to requirements during project execution and disciplined application of the change management process
- Overall responsibility for developing and maintaining the Work Breakdown Structure & Integrated Master Schedule to ensure that all project schedule commitments & deliverables are met
- Control project spend and track and report metrics as required including the development and maintenance of a Cost Breakdown Structure
- Ensure that resource plans are up to date and meet project needs and that tasks are assigned appropriately to project personnel
- Identify, manage and burn-down project risks, develop & drive risk mitigation actions, review status and maintain a comprehensive Risk, Issues & Opportunities Management Process, resolving and/or escalating issues as appropriate
- Effectively communicate project status through appropriate management reporting data both externally (customer) and internally (team)
- Drive ownership and accountability in the project team and develop close, long term productive and conducive customer relationships
- Identify process improvements and where possible implement initiatives to continuously improve the responsiveness to both customer and business needs
Experience and skill-set needed for Programme Manager:
- Experienced Project Management professional with strong leadership skills and demonstrable track record in successful project setup, execution and delivery
- Excellent communication skills and commercial awareness
- Ability to demonstrate an execution focus and natural drive for meeting project and business commitments
- Knowledge and experience in the effective use of Project Management tools and techniques
- Ability to quickly identify the critical path and mitigate risks as they are identified
- Ability to create effective working relationships within a challenging environment
- Ability to communicate (and report) at all levels within the business
- Strong negotiation skills with customers, management, peers and subordinates
- Ideally qualified to degree level in a technical discipline
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel Word, Visio and PowerPoint and experience of working with finance teams
To apply for this exciting Programme Manager opportunity, please press 'apply now'.