|Location: Loudwater, Buckinghamshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Megan Cottrell|
Programme Manager / Program Manager
Candidates applying must be eligible for SC level security clearance (MUST hold a british passport)
Programme Manager / Program Manager needed for an exciting opportunity on behalf of my client, a leading Electronics Engineering company who provides electronic products for the military in Loudwater. The candidate must be eligible for Security Clearance (hold a British passport only).
Benefits for the Programme Manager / Program Manager:
My client offers a competitive salary, brilliant benefits and fantastic career progression.
Purpose of the Programme Manager / Program Manager:
The Programme Manager is responsible for allocated programme/project delivery, ensuring that assigned Programmes are completed on time, to budget and to the expected quality requirements. The Programme Manager will also be responsible for providing support in establishing best practice, providing suggestions of improvements to the current processes, practices and methods, and looking for potential opportunities for improvements. Where appropriate the job holder will be required to mentor and coach team and peer members.
Some of the main duties of the Programme Manager / Program Manager will include:
* To assume full responsibility for the management and delivery of assigned projects/programmes with full accountability for programme performance. Deliver the programme/project in line with the company's processes, procedures and standards; and work together with the team to implement on-going process improvement initiatives.
* To define, communicate, execute & monitor the programme and prioritise programme outcomes in line with agreed contractual and delivery requirements, with appropriate work packages, key milestones and budgets for each stage of work package.
* To develop and lead programme teams; providing leadership, direction and control through effective work package management. Provide support, mentoring and coaching as required to ensure a productive and cohesive Programme team motivated to achieve and succeed in meeting programme goals and objectives.
* To have a complete understanding of the programme scope and the contractual requirements, and to ensure Programme objectives, progress, and the approach for implementation is clearly communicated to stakeholders, Programme team members, customer/s, and supply chain implementing the Lifecycle Management process throughout the programme.
* To effectively manage internal and external Stakeholders, including (but not limited to) effective expectation management, clear and concise communication, and progress reporting.
* To develop, implement and maintain programme plans and statements of work (SOW's), detailing task descriptions, deliverables, programme/project schedules through liaison with specialist areas across a matrix organisation. To effectively manage requirements to ensure outcomes meet contractual obligations, Ultra quality standards, and customer expectations.
* To assign programme resources and conduct regular reviews of resource requirements, ensuring resources are managed in the most effective way to ensure adherence to schedule and successful delivery of discreet Programme outcomes.
* To effectively manage risks, issues and opportunities within the programme, ensuring registers are established and maintained through the life of the assigned programme with high level of accuracy. To champion risk identification and management throughout the lifecycle of each programme, and work with the Risk Manager to educate Programme team members on their responsibilities to escalate identified risks/issues/opportunities. To qualify, quantify and assess risks in order to develop an appropriate mitigation strategy.
* To build strong customer relationship acting as the primary point of contact for customer communication and liaison, keeping customers informed of work progress, risks/issues and resolution plans. Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained at all times and manage customer exceptions, in-line with company priorities and capabilities.
* To ensure re-work is effectively managed and reduced across all allocated programmes adopting a proactive approach. Ensure data is collected and analyse on an on-going and maintained basis. Support incentives to reduce overall re-work level across the CBU and achieve targets set.
* To maintain programme performance dashboard incorporating reporting metrics to facilitate frequent assessment of current performance and actively drive programme and/or cross functional improvements through the life cycle of the programme.
What you need to be the successful Programme Manager / Program Manager:
* Degree level in relevant management discipline or engineering with at least 10 years management experience.
* Thorough understanding of Project/Programme Management principles.
* Demonstrable Project/Programme Management experience in a technical/engineering arena.
* Simultaneous management of multiple projects.
* APM or PMI equivalent.
* Prince 2.
* MSP practitioner.
* Lifecycle Management
* Experience of working on bids and proposals.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Programme Manager / Program Manager to progress their career within the defence industry.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.