|Location: Havant, Hampshire||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum + competitive benefits package|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Programme Manager / Program Manager
Programme Manager / Program Manager required to join a globally established defence / engineering company in the Havant area. This company has recently won some large projects within the Maritime industry so ideally the Programme Manager will have came from a Navy / defence related background. The projects that this candidate will be working on can be worth up to £80million.
As the successful Programme Manager / Program Manager you will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- 9 day working fortnight (Every other Friday off)
- The chance to work on large maritime projects alongside the Royal Navy
Responsibilities for the Programme Manager / Program Manager:
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the programme.
- Work with the multi-discipline personnel to achieve programme commitments on time and to budget.
- Work with the Sub-contractor Programme Manager to ensure that the various Programme Major Subcontractors and Suppliers deliver their work share elements in order to support programme goals.
- Embrace change to drive strategic and tactical growth within the Maritime Directorate.
- Create positive customer and colleague experiences to ensure key programme results are achieved on time.
- Develop new business and expand the Maritime product line with new and existing customers.
- Ensure all applicable Programme Management and Business processes are applied and adhered to, whilst challenging the status quo where applicable.
- Provide accurate and timely reports and communication to keep the Maritime Programme Director informed of internal and supplier performance, as well as possible relationship issues.
- Co-ordinate engineering changes through internal and vendor functional groups establishing cost, schedule and performance impacts.
- Support the delivery and achievement of Payment and Mission Success Milestones being achieved on schedule.
- Ensures programme risks and opportunities are identified and managed effectively.
Requirements (Skill set) for the Programme Manager / Program Manager include:
- Have been involved in the management of complex systems integration projects, principally involving defence programmes and maritime systems.
- Have demonstrated Programme Management skills through phases of the programme life cycle.
- Have demonstrated the ability to establish, develop and maintain positive business relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Have demonstrated the ability to create and manage teams to achieve objectives.
- Self-motivated individual with ability to own commitments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organise and prioritise own and the teams workload.
Desirable skills for the Programme Manager / Program Manager:
- Experience in both engineering life cycle and programme management disciplines, ideally within the Maritime environment.
- Experience working with similar MoD customer sets.
The Programme Manager / Program Manager will need to be eligible for SC clearance (Security clearance)
Don't miss out on a great opportunity to develop your Programme Manager / Program Manager career, this role won't be around for long, Apply now!
Programme Manager / Program Manager
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.