|Location: England||Salary: £300 - £380 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Programme Manager - Telecommunications / OSS / BSS
Programme Manager / Telecommunications / Networks / OSS / BSS / HFC
6 months rolling contract - EMEA
My client is an international telecommunications giant who are looking to recruit a Programme Manager for 6 months rolling contract within the EMEA.
As a Programme Manager you can be be based nationwide for this role.
As a Programme Manager ideally you will be multi lingual within English and French or German.
As a Programme Manager you will have extensive experience within the telecommunications area, and be responsible for the design, customisation, implementation, integration, deployment and delivery of device, service and network management solutions, leveraging hardware and software platforms, and integrating with operator and third-party devices and OSS/BSS systems as needed
Programme Manager Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages multiple and complex projects from definition to acceptance, in accordance with company defined deployment processes and procedures.
- Specific Project Management Responsibilities: Project Planning, Schedule Management, Resource Management, Risk Management, Issue & Escalation Management, Document Management, Change Management and Communication Management.
- Defines and develops program scope, objectives, detailed plans, budgets and metrics for large projects and/or portions of complex projects.
- Conducts needs assessments and requirements gathering for end-to-end solutions.
- Identifies key integration points, dependencies, and feature alignment to ensure that all aspects of the overall system contain the features necessary to meet the customer's expectations.
- Procures internal and external resources with required competencies to meet project objectives. Directs and coordinates the work activities and deliverables of cross-functional project teams.
- Responsible for budgeting, capital appropriations, and project cost estimating. Develops revenue and costs forecasts and proposes responses to project and program finance variances and trends.
- Monitors project execution to ensure all contractual obligations and requirements are met. Recommends corrective actions and implement change requests where appropriate.
- Responsible for baselining and ensuring adherence to overall program plans and budget. Perform project monitoring and control. Maintain and report on project and program metrics. Propose responses to variances and trends.
- Communicates on project status to the Customer and internal stakeholders, leading complex communications and/or negotiations as required.
- Identifies and mitigates risks; develops and implements risk mitigation plans.
- Provides input into proposal preparation, statements of work and specifications, and estimations of costs.
- Develops process improvements for efficiencies and quality.
Programme Manager Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years in program and project management within technology sector, with successful track record of managing and delivering high complexity projects from concept to fruition. Alternatively, 7+ years in a consulting or customer-facing and/or systems integration role may be considered.
- PMP or Prince 2 Certification preferred.
- Experience with Agile framework, processes and tools.
- Experience in Telco and HFC networks is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, MS Office and other supporting tools such as JIRA.
- Languages: Fluent English speaker. Other European languages such as French or German are a plus.
Programme Manager Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective management of multi-disciplinary teams of 7+ people in project/matrix line management structure.
- Strong technical knowledge of software development, web services, networking technologies, Broadband Forum (TR069, USP) and CableLab specifications is desirable.
- Experience working with large scale device management is a plus.
Programme Manager Additional Requirements
- Normal office environment or Home office
- Domestic or international business travel required to other locations and customer locations as required (worst case up to 50%).
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.