|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
My client, one of the worlds leading Aerospace and Defence organisations worldwide, is currently searching for an experienced Project Accountant to join their team. The Project Accountant will report directly to the Business Operations Finance Manager.
The duties of the Project Accountant include a wide variety of finance-oriented tasks, primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the forecasting Orders, Sales, EBIT (Earnings before interest and taxation) and Cash reporting
- Supporting the maintaining, tracking, and reporting Programme Baselines, and Outlooks and support contract close outs
- Customer Invoicing for internal and external customers
- Supporting programme profitability analysis
- Performing multiple financial cost analysis functions, including cost allocation, setting up cost control systems, collecting data, controlling costs and preparing reports that are maintained in the company's cost accounting system
- Ensuring that costs are allocated according to established procedures
- Liaison with central accounting to ensure systems are functioning appropriately and data produced has integrity.
- Ad hoc SAP/Dassian ledger reporting
- Month end preparation
- Preparing and entering journals onto the accounting system.
- Supporting internal and external auditors
- Approving purchase requisitions/ invoices
- Support programme performance, cost, schedule, quality, revenue, and profit objectives.
- Establishing and maintaining approved technical, cost, schedule, and resource baselines.
- Supporting the Programme Performance Management process, including the application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles. Ensuring that EVM requirements are flowed down to subcontractors if applicable.
The required skills and experience of the Project Accountant will be as followed:
- Minimum of AAT Level 4 or Degree in Finance/Accounting, ideally newly qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA.
- Experience of working within a finance/accounting function within a business or consultancy.
- Sound working knowledge of financial & accounting systems such as SAP, Sage or Quickbooks.
- Good decision-making ability to help achievement of goals and objectives of the organisation
- Data gathering, analysis and problem solving
- Excellent practical knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Operate as an effective team member
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise and schedule work to achieve multiple, often conflicting, deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a keen eye for detail
- Support project workload requirements and provide back-up for co-workers.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process and the appliance of Lean principles in all tasks.
- Desired skills, qualifications and experience [JP]
- Working Knowledge of SAP
- Ability to obtain security clearance up to SC level
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Accountant to progress within their career, submit an application to be considered!
All applicants moving forward for the Project Accountant position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.