|Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute||Salary: £26000 - £40000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
The role will provide direct assistance within the Finance section of Finance and Business Operations (F&BO). Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Supporting the maintaining, tracking, and reporting Programme Baselines, and forecasts
- Support Project Setup, Work Package management & Project Closure
- Support Customer Invoicing for internal and external Customers
- Supporting programme profitability analysis
- Ensuring that costs are allocated according to established procedures
- Ad hoc SAP ledger reporting
- Month end preparation
- Supporting internal and external auditors
- Approving purchase requisitions/ invoices
- Supporting the Programme Performance Management process, including the application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principle
- Support regular Performance Status Reviews with key stakeholders.
What you need to be the successful Project Accountant:
- Have previous Finance or Project Office experience.
- Have a high level of competency with Microsoft office applications, Microsoft Excel in particular.
- Be a confident and strong communicator that is pro-active in their approach to delivering their outputs.
- Have a strong attention to detail.
- Working towards a Professional Qualification in a Financial or Project Management Discipline
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and handle changing workload priorities
- Experience with SAP
- Prior experience or knowledge of financial forecasting.
We are looking for someone to come into a developing Project Accountant role where they will have opportunity to grow and develop their experience as well as potentially have assistance with funding towards gaining a professional finance qualification.
The main focus of this role is the accurate financial forecasting for the project using EVM or similar principals based on required resources so someone who has a head for numbers and is good at manipulating data is required, so any experience of forecasting, project plans, resource planning/valuation or project valuation would be beneficial but not essential. The forecasting and resource planning will be at a fairly high level for both the ISS and SWS Contract.
If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Must be eligible for security clearance