|Location: Dorking, Surrey||Salary: £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: Financial Services||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Kelly Jempson||Job Published: 16 days ago|
Project Accountant needed for an established Group comprising Mechanical and Electrical Engineering with offices in the South East and Midlands. The Project Accountant position is responsible for monitoring and understanding the progress of projects, investigating variances, and ensuring that project value is recovered fully from customers.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 per annum plus benefits
Potential for rapid growth in a role involving the financial management of projects and detailed project reporting.
Some of the main duties of the Project Accountant will include:
- Assisting Project Managers with their overall project accounting from the start to the finish of projects, understanding the reporting systems used for this.
- Producing monthly cost reports for projects and assisting Project Managers with the production of monthly project returns including reporting on project variances of actuals vs budgets and updating forecasts.
- Support project managers by maintaining project-related records, with the assistance of the company QS reviewing commercial contracts and change orders.
- Varied role dealing with management and grass-roots personnel, with tasks ranging from review of supplier invoices, time sheets and other project costs to investigating project variances and submitting variance reports to management.
- Report monthly on project profitability and any opportunities for additional billings
- Help improve the measurement of projects profitability by liaising with the bidding process.
- Interlinking between the Projects and Finance teams, producing reports for presentation to directors.
- Offering judgement on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance.
- Help improve the reporting software we use and build confidence in the financial information that it produces.
What you need to be the successful Project Accountant:
- In order to be the successful Project Accountant and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- At least three years of experience in construction-related project reporting or accounting.
- Degree in business, accounting or engineering
- Detailed knowledge of project contracts and change order documents.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Commercial experience within the construction industry
- High computer literacy essential, especially for Excel
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to adapt appropriately within various situations
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Project Accountant to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!